Locating gold / silver by geophysics

firebird21

Dec 28, 2008
My geophysical equipment (induced polarization / resistivity) at work in New Mexico. This located a nice gold / silver zone that was pretty shallow. I'm still working on this prospect when time allows. I have several high tech metal detectors, but this equipment is for the serious search for gold and silver deposits.
See actual plotted data on additional post below.

Attachments

• Jim-Jeep-Instrumts2006.jpg
    Jim-Jeep-Instrumts2006.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 1,090
OP
OP
F

firebird21

Dec 28, 2008
I'm hoping to go work on this prospect in October. I got some pretty good assays from this "discovery".
This is the data that was plotted from the "discovery" traverse. Notice the chargeability peak value of almost 18 MvS/V (blue line) and also the high resistivity zone immediately to the west of the mineralization occurance.

Attachments

• GoldenEagle-IP2-S-8FootArray.jpg
    GoldenEagle-IP2-S-8FootArray.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 993

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting...and you said you have assays? Can you post them? Would love to see them as well. Congrats on the find! :hello2:

OP
OP
F

firebird21

Dec 28, 2008
Someone asked me if I ever found any high grade gold ore - the answer is yes I have. In fact, several times. So I thought I would post an assay - at least I think that $1,181,000 per ton is high grade. This ore looked like calaverite and I think the assay confirmed it.

This ore is NOT from old Mexico and the "slag" was really a finely pulverized sample from a nearby dump.

Attachments

• Assay-MexicoGold.jpg
    Assay-MexicoGold.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 1,039
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon My New Friend: Having worked as an assayer in my checkered life, I wonder who took the samples for the assay?

I also noticed that the assay report was 30 years ago, have you been able to do anything with it?

I have a mountain of questions to ask you on the instrument, did you design and make it yourself, or is it a commercial unit?

Is it a one man operation, or do you need a crew?

Sheesh this will do for a starter my friend, I hope that you will post quite a bit more on your experiences with it.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. the assays below are from my property here in Mexico. This is what I wish to thoroughly check out. Those are not my assays, but were made by the state Geologist on my property, perhaps in the 50's.

p.p.s I always wanted a rich friend, luck my new friend. hehehh

Attachments

• Es 1  ©@.jpg
    Es 1 ©@.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 847
  • Es 2 ©@.jpg
    Es 2 ©@.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 871

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread