accumeter pro

Golden Raider

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2006
hey any on ever use the accurate locaters "accumeters" these are four copper rods that stick in the ground and evidently check the resistance of the ground betwen the rods . sounds like a sham to me. along the lines of electroscopes and other long range locaters. want your opinions or opinions of people who have used them in the field pics of find would be nice too. the theory on these units seems plausible but knowing that LRL's are phoney and a big scam i have to wonder what the story is with these accumeters. are they just another fancy dowsing unit that doesn't work? or legitimate technology? seems kinda odd that more treasure ws found with a 200 dollar MD than a 5000 dollar LRL hahahaha

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
Earth Resistivity Meters do work, but they have their limitations. Resistance(or conductivity) does change when larger amounts of gold,copper,silver,iron,etc. are in the ground.

accurate locaters are way too expensive in my opinion.

Search ebay for Earth Resistivity Meters and get an old model. Even a surplus one, then hire a college student to help you fix and test it. Should be able to get one for a few hundred or less.

ericwt

oldman

Dec 5, 2004
Restive units are not accurate. I had one of Cochran's units a few years ago and Oh boy using the test block it worked great but then with the probes in the ground it was a different story!. BP

OP
OP
G

Golden Raider

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2006
I DO APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT. i will certianly look on ebay i am willing to throw a few hundred dollars away on a bet, than 4000 . i have to wonder if other objects in the ground would cause a masking of the intended target i.e. old iron targets, boulders, tree roots &c? the way i understand these units is that, they are like a volt meter checking continuity i just have my doubts thats all. the whole principle that the thomas electrascope worked on were skewed people were told many lies with a few truths tossed in and they based the unit on the few truths of the unit. how companies can seel that crap is beyond me. i have seen these guys in the field with LRL's and they have a gazillion excuses why they did not get the gold i have heard that the signal has burned out to the sun was having electric storms. point is i am looking to expand my arsenal with legitamate tools not fads of fancy.

99thpercentile

Nov 2, 2006
Evergreen, CO
Detector(s) used
Geonics EM61-MK2, Geophex GEM-3, GapEOD UltraTEM III, Minelabs F3, Foerster MINEX 2FD 4.500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know anything about the accumeter pro, but resistivie imaging is a standard technique in geophysics. It is a time consuming survey method. There are a number of different arrays (the geometrical spacings of the four electrodes) and two different types of surveys: depth imaging or profiling. The simplest equipment, such as an old ABEM Terrameter, has four connections on the top of the unit. Two of the connections are for the current that you will put into the ground and the other two connections are for the voltage that will be measured. By changing the electrode spacings you can either see deeper into the ground or move along the ground to create a profile of resistivity versus position along the ground. The current systems for geophysical applications can use multicore cables and automatically switch between electrodes. Look at the following legitimate geophysical companies to see what the systems look like.

AGI
Scintrex
Campus
ABEM
IRIS

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as resistivity meters go, the Accumeter is an overpriced toy. It is a 2-probe design based on a circuit you can build for $50. Same for Kellyco's GPL and Fitzgerald's MLL. What you want is a 4-probe force/sense meter with data logging. Someone on the Internet was selling one for less than the Accumeter, but I cannot find them now.

- Carl

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Gentlemen & Ladies !
MANY X's
I have related my own, personal experiences, FOUR SEPARATE TIMES! In the field, in different States, at different Treasure Sites! with these "LRLs" & Other Locator's"
MANY times.....
Actual experiences ... Not HERESAY! ::)
Not! SECOND HAND INFO ! :-\
BUT! ACTUAL ... >:(
STANDING RIGHT THERE! experience
AND! These,
Were performed/demo'd, by friends, acquaintances...
Not someone trying to sell me anything .....
although, I have had never, EVER, had a MANUFACTUR
EVER!
Accept any offer to come out and show or demo his DEVICE !
Even with the PROMISE of a "sale", on the "SPOT" (with expenses paid & % of the FIND!) if it worked !
THE NET RESULT of these DEMOS
TOTAL ABJECT FAILURE!
AND!
One of these persons/friends, PERSONALLY, knew the person, who invented to "Grd. Res. Device" !
Who said, His Device had to be "used under certain special conditions or it would NOT Work @!
This IS FROM THE INVENTOR
I have never heard of anyone mentioning this SPECIAL CONDITION(s) !
They had better know about it, before they buy/try one out ! :-\

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
As far as resistivity meters go, the Accumeter is an overpriced toy. It is a 2-probe design based on a circuit you can build for $50. Same for Kellyco's GPL and Fitzgerald's MLL. What you want is a 4-probe force/sense meter with data logging. Someone on the Internet was selling one for less than the Accumeter, but I cannot find them now.

Earth Resistivity Meters do work. They are not a seach tool. I use them to help determine the size and shape of the target. Carls right about getting one with data logging. You can make your own. Don't compare earth resistivity with LRL's as they are two different types of equipment...Art

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Hey Art:
Please don't equate an "LRL" with any thing like a piece of equipment !
AND!
Yes!
I know the difference between The Two!
I was able to and ,
I, actually, read the information my friend had from The Inventor of The Res. Meter.
AND!
AS I mentioned,
My FOUR (4), experiences with these LRLs proves that they are a complete scam, &, never going to work!
I think that they should be "BANNED" from any site!
There was a very "Pitiful" experience ....
When an older woman, on SS , invested her small savings, and bought an LRL, because she had heard and read that they were a miracle of science!
Needless to say!
She was "ROOKED" and lost all of her money !
Her site, was where a relative, buried a nice size cache of Gold & Silver coins!
She was imploring someone to either buy this LRL or Help her get her money back!
FAT CHANCE, HUH!
That Event, should be enough to convice any Forum or Website,
to NEVER allow any advertising to be allowed!
ANY! Company that sells them, is involved in a SCAM.
AND!
I sure would certainly, question their Honesty &/or Integrity !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread