Electromagnetic Static Discharge or Ghost Lights?

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

I have found several old references to mines thought to be 'haunted' because of strange lights being seen. I have also found references and heard that 'ghost lights' are indicative of buried treasure.

To be totally honest, I never believed this. I just thought it was BS or being messed with by the old timers (now I am one.)

But, I was camping in the mountains once and saw these really strange lights up on a nearby ridge. They were faint in the distance and moved around like someone carrying a lantern back and forth. They were also in slightly different colors (dull yellow, whiteish, light blueish.) They went on for over an hour as we sat in our campsite below and watched them. I hiked up the next day and there was no evidence of people.

I found an obscure reference that the Spanish priests/monks on expeditions would use these to isolate places to dig for gold.

I am hypothesizing that it may be some sort of static electricity discharge from the metal usually after a storm.

Can anyone offer opinions or insights into this phenomenon?

Thanks,

Patrick

Goldminer

Apr 28, 2006
Las Vegas, Nv
Patrick,
I have seen something similar in the hills south of Winkleman, Az. Two different lights on two different nights appeared on the hillside above our camp. There was no one around for miles. Upon a careful examination the next day, we found a fault running exactly where I had seen the lights. My guess is that some type of gas seeped out of the fault.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
static electricity discharge, or Reflection from the moon & stars
against tree branches & leaves with Dew on them moving in the breeze.

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff,

In this instance, it was a cloudy night just after a rainstorm.

The ridge with the lights was without trees. And the lights seemed to float around above the ground. Something like seeing a flashlight or lantern in the distance.

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great recommendation. I am going shortly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread