What device could this be??
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Dec 2007
    North Texas
    Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
    82 times
    Cache Hunting

What device could this be??

Reading an account of an eyewitness to some treasure hunters and their successful use of some sort of staff..

These gentlemen went to where the court house now stands and stuck a curious looking instrument into the ground. It looked like a broomstick, and had a sharp iron point to make it go into the ground easy. On the other end was a curious little contrivance that looked like a watch, only it was a lot bigger, and had a little finger inside that never wanted to keep still . . . . Finally at last it pointed them to a big green knoll right on the banks of

"When they stuck it down on top of the knoll, it stopped pointing and commenced a-rustling around every which way like a dog hunting a rabbit in the brush. Then the gentlemen knew that was the right place, and right there, about three feet under the ground, was an iron chest, three feet long and two feet wide, with a whole lot of gold inside

Any ideas?
    Wearing out hiking boots and digging tools for pulltabs...yes I have found a pulltab in the remote desert!

LRL fraud debunked

Dec 2010
    ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
    BS detector
    409 times
    Underground detection
    Sounds like misreporting of either a dip compass or a gradiometer compass. --Dave J.

us
    Dec 2007
    North Texas
    Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
    82 times
    Cache Hunting
    Kinda my thoughts too. I have an old Aqua dip needle that hopefully will act the same way someday...
    Wearing out hiking boots and digging tools for pulltabs...yes I have found a pulltab in the remote desert!

Sponsored Links