OKM EXP 4000 - GPR

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
You are going to have to give us more information. What do you mean by treasure hunting? What are you hunting for? A cache? Coins? Do you mean GPS not GPR. If you mean GPR, are you talking about Ground Penetrating Radar. If so, it is not so much the machine as it is interpreting the data. You'll need both the machine and an expert. Are you talking about the 2 box machines for deep material. Are you just looking for gold or silver or what.

Help us understand and we might be able to suggest some things to help.

Welcome to TN.

Daryl

Angelo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2006
Idaho
I think that Nacho is looking into some serious digging.

The OKM exp 4000 basic is about $16,000.00 and the fancy one about $36,000.00

Tony

OP
OP
N

nacho1983

Tenderfoot
Jun 13, 2005
hello my friends thanks for your posts, Im interested in a GPR, the ground penetrating radar, and the price for it here is more or less 26,000 US $ i will buy the basic EXP 4000 + 29.5" antenna + antenna for tunnel detection.

Here in Peru we have several types of treasures, including caches, tombs, entire cities, and all kind of treasures buried during more than 3000 years.

thats why im interested in serious treasure hunting, actually i own a minelab explorer ... but of course these detector is just as a hobby to serch for coins in the beach on sunday ...

thanks again bye

Nacho

Pd. treasures here are mainly buried between 2 and 4 metres below.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Might want to look at this detector:

GTI-2500 PRO Plus Treasure Hound with Eagle Eye pinpoint
Search for larger, deeper targets Scan 15 feet to 20 feet for buried treasure caches and other hidden valuables.With the EagleEye front coil, you get precise and accurate pinpointing on small treasure items. Switch from 2 coil searching to conventional pinpoint mode with the touch of a button.

Daryl

OP
OP
N

nacho1983

Tenderfoot
Jun 13, 2005
no my friend, i need something really serious, my friend has these garrett and believe me its not so impressing as they describe it ... i need a GPR does any body knows if these EXP 4000 is good ¿?
thanks again

Ignacio Cappelletti D.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Here's all I got.

The eXp 5000 is a measuring instrument of newest technology and has been developed in particular for professional use. Through the supplied video eyeglasses buried objects like boxes, pipes, metals but also cavities and grave chambers under the surface becomes visible immediately. Further more the video eyeglasses are optimized for the search during the night and also protects against perturbing sunlight at day.

Compact equipment and easy handling
The eXp 5000 includes an easily removable control unit with carrying strap which makes it easier to use in different areas. With its compact equipment the device is also easy to handle in terrains which are difficult to access.

Fast processing of measured data
Resolutions to Over 80 Feet Deep!

The device allows measurements in brilliant resolutions up to a depth of 25m (over 80 feet). All recorded data is processed immediately through the integrated pc-module and becomes visible through the video eyeglasses. The amount of possible measurements is almost indefinite and only limited by the storage capacity of 64 MB. All collected measured data can be transferred afterwards to a computer to analyze the results professionally in a 3d software program. To every graphical representation date and time are saved automatically and can be adapted individually to the actual time zone.

2 Sensors for 2 times the resolution are built into each eXp 5000 GPR antenna!

GPS receiver for navigation
The integrated GPS receiver refers every recorded measurement to its appropriate measured area. The GPS system can also be used to navigate to any coordinates you like.

Optional accessories as specialization
With different antennas the eXp 5000 can be optimized on special purposes:

GPR-antenna (25cm, 50cm, 75cm, 100cm)
Antenna for metal discrimination
Antenna for tunnel and cavity detection
Super Sensor for high resolution ground scans
VLF Emitter (4 pieces)

VLF Emitter
A large area can be scanned by positioning the 4 VLF Emitter on the ground. The search for metallic objects will be optimized.

Technical Specifications:
# Power supply: 12 Volt
# Weight: about 2kg
# 57.800 impulses per second
# Working memory: 64 MB SDRAM
# Data memory: 64 MB
# Voltage: 9.6 - 14.4 VDC, 22W maximum
# Safety class: IP 40
# Operating time: about 3 hours
# Operating temperature: 0°C - 40°C
# Display: 640 x 480 Pixel, TFT color
# Computer: 300 MHz Processor, INTEL i586-kompatible
# Feedback: audible, visual

eXp 5000 Basic Comes With: eXp 5000 Pro Comes With:
# 1 3D software ( "Visualizer 3D" ) with data cable
# 2 Battery for video eye glasses ( 1.2 V )
# 1 Carrying case
# 1 Charger for battery ( 1.2 V )
# 1 Control unit with GPS receiver
# 1 External power supply with charger and cable ( 12V )
# 1 GPR-antenna ( 50cm )
# 1 Linkage
# 1 User manual
# Download Manual - English
# 1 Video eye glasses with integrated headphones

eXp 5000
Cat# 1158-5000
$22,995.00
# 1 3D software ( "Visualizer 3D" ) with data cable
# 1 Antenna for tunnel detection
# 2 Battery for video eye glasses ( 1.2 V )
# 1 Carrying case
# 1 Charger for battery ( 1.2 V )
# 1 Control unit with GPS receiver
# 1 DDV, Disc Detector Visualization System
# 1 External power supply with charger and cable ( 12V )
# 1 GPR-antenna ( 100cm )
# 1 GPR-antenna ( 25cm )
# 1 GPR-antenna ( 50cm )
# 1 GPR-antenna ( 75cm )
# 1 Linkage
# 1 Livestream sensor
# 1 Super sensor - Super Sensor Info - Click Here
# 1 User manual
# 1 Video eye glasses with integrated headphones
# VLF Emitter System (4 Pieces) - Click Here for More Info
# FS-Thermoscan - Click Here for More Info

eXp 5000 Pro
Cat# 1158-5000P
$55,995.00
# Options for eXp 5000 Basic: GPR Antenna (25cm)(9.85") - $2,295.00
# GPR Antenna (50cm)(19.7") - $3,295.00
# GPR Antenna (75cm)(29.5") - $4,095.00
# GPR Antenna (100cm)(39.4") - $5,195.00
# DDV, DISC Detector Visualization System - $2,495.00
# Antenna for tunnel detection - $2,630.00
# Super Sensor - $3,695.00 Click here for more information
# Visualizer 3D software package with data cable - $1,000
# VLF Emitter (4 pieces) - $7,700.00 Click here for more information
# Livestream Sensor - $6,595.00

Daryl

Attachments

• gpr.jpg
    gpr.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 2,404

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ignacio,

Wow 2-4 meters! That is 6-12 feet deep! Is the ground hard rock mineralized?

I don't know if you have seen the news from Germany about the treasure hunters that found some nazi gold. These guys are using GPR equipment. You should try to contact them. Here is a link to the news article: http://edition.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/02/26/nazi.gold/

Good luck hunting!
Moe

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
From what I can see, the GPR machines are a REAL thing...
Just HOW effective remains to be seen.

It would be nice to see users posting their results.
But they are kinda pricey, and if someone DID succeed in finding a large cache, they'd probably keep quiet.

I think the meteorite hunting loops used on PI machines might also work. They are not as expensive as GPR.

Probably best to search out eastern european forums to find info?

Good luck!
rmptr

OP
OP
N

nacho1983

Tenderfoot
Jun 13, 2005
thanks again for your post, a friend of mine, contacted these OKM people and they told him the german treasure hunters used 3 different OKM machines including the EXP 4000

here we have several types of soil, mineralized soil in the andes mountains, desert sand in the cost and fertile land in the coast valleys.

right now we have several proyects including pirate loots, pre inca and inca ruins, and also old spanish abandoned "haciendas"

i will post a picture of my first gold piece as soon as i dig it out haha bye

Ignacio Cappelletti
LIMA PERU

abmm

Feb 24, 2008
Good luck with your search Nacho...

Please be aware that the OKM Future series are NOT GPR. I'll say that again: OKM Future Series are NOT GPR.

They use a fluxgate magnetometer which is a passive detection system rather than GPR which is an active system.

Ask OKM directly if the system is a GPR, Julia's response should confirm my statement above. OKM was in a little hot water a while ago for falsely stating their machines were GPR when they are not, so they don't lie quite as often now.

We use an OKM Future I-160 and it does indeed work to the depths specified, but what you are getting on the display is a visual representation of the magnetics surrounding your object.

When we purchase another unit, we will not be getting another OKM system, instead, we'll be going with the Accurate Locators USA Imager. It has a similar capability to the I-160 and the EXP 4000, but is FAR easier to use than the OKM systems, and the support is better. If you go ahead and buy your EXP 4000 you'll soon know exactly what I mean. Also, make sure you go to Germany and get the training on offer by OKM. The manuals are less than adequate.

If you need any advice from someone who regularly USES OKM products in the field, let me know and I'll be pleased to assist.

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005
Hi,

I am not familiar with the okm, but it seems to be a hybrid system. I use a mala x3m with a 200mgz atenna. this will reflect anomalies from the ground that you have to interpret. Its a well tested system such as other traditional gpr models and is a proven science involving physics ie wave velocity, timewindows, wave atenuations, etc. it will cost you arround the same price of the okm. check out malageoscience and get more info. One thing i can tell you, looking at the pictures of peru, the soil seems porous and sandy which is ideal for a traditional gpr.

God bless,

jose

99thpercentile

Nov 2, 2006
Evergreen, CO
Detector(s) used
Geonics EM61-MK2, Geophex GEM-3, GapEOD UltraTEM III, Minelabs F3, Foerster MINEX 2FD 4.500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want a GPR unit, then only buy one from a company that actually makes professional GPR systems. The list is pretty short and the prices are high, but that is what I use for work. The companies that I would suggest are Sensors & Software, GSSI, and MALA for small single channel systems. For multiple channel array systems ($200,000 USD and up) you could check out Witten Technologies or 3D Radar. If the company doesn't sell equipment to companies that do this professionally, then stay away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread