OP
OP
E

Edmond

Tenderfoot
Aug 29, 2008
no responds !

i don't believe it !!!

where are treasure HUNTERS ?? WHO HAVE BIG EXPERIENCE AND ALWAYS TALKING AND TALKING ?!!!
or in this BIG world there isn't a small device ?!!!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amona said:
HI TREASURE HUNTER

PLEASE VISIT HERE: WWW.LRLMAN.COM

AMONA

Don't waste your time. Everything LRLMan sells is bunk (with the possible exception of the ArcGeo Logger).

With the exception of GPR, there is nothing made that will do what you want. NOTHING beats Ground Penetrating Radar.

The only thing I would recommend for you is a good Two-Box Detector. I recommend the Discovery TF900. I like it over the White's due to automatic ground balance.

Mike

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
Mike please explain which of my product is bunk?

Tim

Tim, Those comments are prejudice against those kind of technology. I know you're a honest and christian man and I'd reference for others resource about you and I don't believe you build MFD or LRL just to feed your greed. Due the economy is pretty bad, but when it's better, the first thing is to buy you the arch-logger.I will count with you to describe any item found in a plot for the arch-logger.It's a wonder machine.

By the way, The arch-logger does works with a PI deep seeker MD? (pulse star)

God bless you
Amona

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Arc-Geo Logger-TM-808-Garrett XL500-Deepstar
Amona, thanks for your kind words. I don't hide the fact that one of my units is controversial and if anyone whats to email users of that machine all they have to do is email me. The Arc-Geo logger will work with PI machines as well. Look here at the foundation of an old building using the pulse star.

http://lrlman.com/Pages/Arc-Geo/PS_FT.htm

Tim

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim,

Nothing against you personally, but LRLs and MFDs are Pseudo Scientific Scams. The Arc Geo Logger is not controversial at all. It is based on sound scientific principle, and does nothing more than give a graphic representation of electrical signals input by a REAL metal detector.

I don't know you personally, and can't attest as to whether you REALLY believe LRLs and MFDs work, or whether you just sell them. If you REALLY believe they work, then as our Aussie friends say "Good on ya".

Before you go saying that I am a hater, let me say that I think there is something to dowsing. From there, I say that you either have the talent or you don't. No amount of "Pseudo Scientific" flibflabbery is going give you what you don't already possess.

As you can see from my Profile, I have a bunch of nice detectors (including two Mineoro LRLs). With the exception of the Mineoros, I don't have to believe in my metal detectors for them to work. It doesn't matter where the sun is in the sky. I don't have to be looking from the North facing South. It also doesn't matter if there is a disbeliever present for them to work. I turn them on, adjust the settings, make sure they are ground balanced, and when i walk over something metallic, they give signals.

.......and also don't think that I am just an LRL/MFD hater. I have a VERY open mind, and would ABSOLUTELY love to find something in that category that actually works. It's just that I have met many people who have spent a LOT of money on them, only to find out that they don't work as advertised. Take the Mineoro for instance. It is advertised as a "Gold Machine". But when I take it to a friend's jewelry store, the only time it gives a signal is when it is inside the walk-through metal detector. When it is in the store, with millions of dollars of gold and jewels-NOTHING! Maybe it was just overwhelmed. Maybe I just didn't believe hard enough. I know that if I walked in there, and turned on any one of my other Metal Detectors, they would go crazy.

See Tim, REAL treasure hunters use Metal Detectors (VLF, PI, and Two Box), Magnetometers, Laser Thermometers, Ground Penetrating Radar, Acoustic Location, some ground resistivity (much higher powered), satellite photography, aerial photography (hi res, infra-red color, etc), gas chromatography, mass spectroscopy, and yes....aircraft "sniffer" reports (basically aerial gas chromatography).

And those only come after research and wearing out boot leather.

Best-Mike

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Mike I agree with you on that. Please understand I never said you were a LRL hater. Here is a report on an anomaly. I think you will find this interesting.

http://www.lrlman.com/Pages/Private/Field_report_7302008.pdf

Mike I'm not trying to sell you anything, just showing you something. This report was over a 3 year span. Many grids with different detectors and ground resistivity.

All the best,

Tim

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
When I detect, I use to cover small area because part of my reasearch is to narrow the time searching on field. LRL and MFD are designed to cover large area.

Amona

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iwill say it one more time the arc geo logger is a fine piece of equipment to use cache hunting with a detector . Grid your spot it will show each target and you can tell which row it is in and which picture it is in .I use it with a two box detector or my Garrett pi with a 36 inch coil. look at your grid on your computor and see the size of the target and dig the big target first which is probily your cache you are looking for or forget the logger like Gollum says and put down little flags and spend days on end digging every target even the little one hoping the next one is the cache if you got time to waste .also you may go right over your target with just your detector and never know it if it is very deep. I have a test spot where i check my detectors two of the spots are deep i can not hear any signal with detectors no sound in the earphones but with the logger i get a good image of the target so it picks up a target much deeper using the logger so its like this NO1. BUY THE LOGGER AND SAVE LOTS OF TIME NO2.HAVE A LOT BETTER CHANCE OF FINDING TARGET NO3.FORGET THE LOGGER AND WASTE A LOT OF TIME PUTTING DOWN LITTLE FLAGS AND DIGGING. hope you do not walk over it and not find it because it was just out of reach of your detector Tim Williams is a very nice person and a good friend and if i have to decide between Tim or the logger well sorry Tim i have to take the logger .Bildon

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Thanks Bildon, I'm sorry but I don't know who you are. Your email looks familiar. I have an idea of who you are. Anyway thanks for your support.

Tim

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bildon said:
Iwill say it one more time the arc geo logger is a fine piece of equipment to use cache hunting with a detector . Grid your spot it will show each target and you can tell which row it is in and which picture it is in .I use it with a two box detector or my Garrett pi with a 36 inch coil. look at your grid on your computor and see the size of the target and dig the big target first which is probily your cache you are looking for or forget the logger like Gollum says and put down little flags and spend days on end digging every target even the little one hoping the next one is the cache if you got time to waste .also you may go right over your target with just your detector and never know it if it is very deep. I have a test spot where i check my detectors two of the spots are deep i can not hear any signal with detectors no sound in the earphones but with the logger i get a good image of the target so it picks up a target much deeper using the logger so its like this NO1. BUY THE LOGGER AND SAVE LOTS OF TIME NO2.HAVE A LOT BETTER CHANCE OF FINDING TARGET NO3.FORGET THE LOGGER AND WASTE A LOT OF TIME PUTTING DOWN LITTLE FLAGS AND DIGGING. hope you do not walk over it and not find it because it was just out of reach of your detector Tim Williams is a very nice person and a good friend and if i have to decide between Tim or the logger well sorry Tim i have to take the logger .Bildon

Bildon,

If you need the Logger to understand what your detectors are telling you, then by all means, go ahead and use it. All that tells me is that you don't REALLY don't understand how to use your detector.

And just because you say something, doesn't make it so. Understand this: YOU WILL GET NO DEEPER READINGS BY USING THE LOGGER! It does not add to, nor subtract from what your metal detector already does (sort of like LRLs and MFDs ;D ). ALL IT DOES IS PROVIDE A GRAPHIC REPRESENTATION FOR YOUR DETECTOR SIGNALS! Let me say it another way; If you can't understand the signal patterns of your detector, it draws you a picture! Just one more thing that tells me you don't REALLY understand how to use your detector.

Best-Mike

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Mike but the logger has been test by a geophysicist and in the field test report over the pipe he told me he later walked over the area and could not hear a response from the detector. Others emailing me also claim the same. That pipe was found later to be 12ft deep. Depth is increased because of the logger. If you want to read his report and call him, he welcomes calls.

http://lrlman.com/Pages/Arc-Geo/Product Review and Field Tests ARC-GEO_3.pdf

regards,

Tim

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
uh test fur u experts take a coin put it on the ground now set ur detector to max top best setting you can get super fine tune it .now check the coin keep raising the detector until you cant hear any signal at all then measure the depth now add the logger and start where you lost your signal watch the readout on thr logger keep raising it until you get no readout on the logger now measure the depth see how much more you get. do it for yourself and see fur yo self what dis ole kuntry boy nos dat some of em experts dun no no disrespect for any detector yall hav uh good day bildon

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but the Logger does not input ANYTHING into the detector Xmit or Receive. It does not heighten ANY sensitivity. It simply takes signal input from the detector, graphically draws a picture of it.

The ONLY ways it could show something unheard by the operator would be:

1. Operator has hearing issues at certain frequencies or tones (very commonly not even known)

2. Headphone or Speaker Frequency response not matched to what the detector outputs.

I will say it again: If the detector picks up enough of a signal to transmit it to the logger, it CAN be heard, provided everything works (including the operator) as it should.

Best-Mike

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
So mike you can hear a whisper form the speaker? I understand your terminology but the logger is not just hearing sound it also detects dc offset. That's why there is a polarity switch on the unit. There is more to it than your understanding of hearing a sound. I'm sure my customers do not lie and I know the person that did the field test does not lie. If that is what you want to believe then that's fine. But the fact is people are seeing greater depth with the logger. You are welcome to your opinion. But the proof is in the response from my customers and the person that wrote the report. Call him.

If you want to use flags thats fine. But we do very large grids 45x45 yards and place small copper tubing at opposite corners. Then we GPS them. Then we look at the plot make the targets we want to check, then when we go back find the corners set up the grid and X, Y dig the targets we want. we can hunt a site for days because we already know where the targets are. I guess you can leave your flags up if it is in a place where no one goes. But you can keep records of your sites. You can add grids together to see more information if you need to. I'm not trying to push the issue, but I don't want people to think your opinion is fact.

Tim

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tim for explaining that i did not know why the logger showed a target deeper i just knew it did .I sure hope no one miss a large gold cache because it was just out of reach of there detector and they was not using a logger with there detector.happy hunting everyone Bildon

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Mike try this so you can see what I am talking about. Set your TM-808 up and connect a cable to the headphone jack. Read the output on a meter first on ac. Pass a object near the detector and read the meter. Now switch to dc and do the same. You should see what I mean. I placed a 5 lb lead bar on the ground and passed the detector over it and did not get a response from the detectors speaker or meter. Yet with the logger connected I had a digital signal 175! The software also plays a large role in that, each sample is compared to the sample next to it. So the software is always looking for changes either high or low and that factor only will show a small object. That's why voids can also be seen because of the change in mineralization.

I have had emails where a user had an aluminum pot buried 5 feet and could not see the pot with a GPR due to mineralization. But because the software samples from one point and compares it to other samples around that same point the pot showed up fine. I also had an email where a 4" iron ring was found 3 feet deep in highly mineralized soil. He told me the detector sounded through the whole grid and believed the grid would be useless. But still showed the ring and a old wrench at 3 feet.

regards,

Tim

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tim,

Depending on wind and such, I may not be able to hear a whisper from the speaker. One of the things I have learned from nugget hunting with my SD2000 is to have a good set of headphones that have a frequency response matched to the detector signal output. In that case, yes, I can hear a whisper. Many times, a nugget will be at the periphery of the detector's capabilities, and will give only a whisper of a signal. If you are using an external speaker, there is a strong possibility of missing the signal.

I don't have a TM808. I have a Fisher Gemini, but I will try your test. If I can get signals that I can't hear from a test spot I have in the desert, I will buy a Logger. I don't have an ego to feed. I just use whatever equipment that helps me find what I am looking for. At my test spot, I have buried at different depths, a manhole cover, a galvanized garbage can, a wooden box with steel hinges and strapping, a cast iron pot, and a car hood.

I don't doubt your friend/customer was telling the truth as they knew it. I just said that the greatest majority of times there is an issue with either hearing loss or improper headphones. Sometimes even speaker issues (including wind, not freq. matched, etc). Your TM808 didn't sound off on a five pound lead bar? It's not supposed to discriminate on non-ferrous objects. It should have screamed. One of the things it is designed to look for is ore bodies underground.

I don't even use the little flag method myself. I only used that as an example. If you know how your detector reacts to different targets, you can easily find the edges of the target. When I do that, I mark the center.

I have seen people using improper methods miss LOTS of good targets. I mean people who have had their detectors for years! If you never learn to use your detector properly, you may never use it properly. That's why someone with a $200 ACE250 can detect behind someone with a $5000 GPX4500, and find something the big money detector missed.

I don't doubt that for some the Logger is a necessary piece of gear. I have said from the start, that the Logger does what it is designed to do. It's really neat. I like it. I just haven't found it to be necessary (providing you have proper headphones and good hearing).

Best-Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread