Anyone knows in south GA-north Florida to Gold panning?

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
Hi folks ;D

I live in West Palm Beach and I'm making my research if sombody could tell me if there is in Ga but close to Florida border, a place to panning gold with highbanker power sluice, not just a simple reference to some 'web site' to find a claim, do you know what does I means? The only place right now that I know is in northern Georgia at Dahlonega town. I call one of those Gold Club for information due I never has been there and that person told me "don't dream to get rich if you come here to panning", gold panning is a family activity, now I ask this question. "With the increase of the gold price $863.00 a ounce,.. how many peoples are working for less than $863.00 a week, working like 'dog' to keep a family? is it worth to find gold?

Amona ;)

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Amona, I don't know of anyone who pans for gold in South GA, or Northern FL. North GA. is your best bet.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
No gold around here that I know of. I live just a few miles north of Tallahassee. North Georgia is where the gold is, and unless you really get lucky, you'll have one hard time trying to make a living from it.

RN MEDIC

Greenie
Jan 11, 2008
Cheese, what do you think of the place in North Georgia where the public can pay a fee, tour the place, and prospect there, even buying ore by the bucket. I'm a newbie. Folks, I hope this doesn't make me look like he only dumb/stupid one on this form. It's just that I saw this on the Travel channel. I'm an older guy, age 55, ill health (back trouble, heart surgery with 7 bypasses, etc. etc. ) and I can't do a lot that some of you younger folks can do. (Enjoy it while you can.) But, I do want to do what I can, and seeing the gold place on TV and the emerald places in western North Carolina have bit me like the bug. Hope I'm not the only one here like that.

Respectfully, RN MEDIC

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
nah we all have dreams that mere life can't kill off. but as a money making idea don't bet the farm on it -- as a fun hobby might make a buck or two yah go for it -- but its not a get rich quick type deal --cuz if it was that easy who' ld be working hard for a living? --- north georgia is your best bet for gold -- to the best of my knowledge there are no known gold producing gold areas in the north fla / lower ga area. Ivan

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what about the beaches on the Florida b Georgia area. I hear alot of gold is in the sea and on the beaches

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread