Anyone in germany?

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
Well my wife and I are stationed here and I want to get into metal detecting. We live close to Landstuhl and RAB. Don' t have a detector yet but still looking at the options. If anyone has searched around in germany, where is a good place to look for stuff? :) I'd love to dig up some war relics and what not.. maybe some of you know the local laws about digging up artifacts.

OP
OP
viper771

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
viper771 said:
Well my wife and I are stationed here and I want to get into metal detecting. We live close to Landstuhl and RAB. Don' t have a detector yet but still looking at the options. If anyone has searched around in germany, where is a good place to look for stuff? :) I'd love to dig up some war relics and what not.. maybe some of you know the local laws about digging up artifacts.

Man, I must have written this post ages ago!!! Anyway, I moved away from Germany 2 mths ago, after being there for 3 1/2 years. I bought all the stuff back that I could. I really haven't gone MDing for the past couple years. I might from time to time out here in the US to do it. I don't plan on finding anything as cool as I did in Germany though.

Happy MDing Everyone!!! :)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Viper Germany was the place to detect. I have found lots of stuff since I have been back but nothing compares to Germany.

OP
OP
viper771

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
What have you been finding? I have been WAYYYYY too busy with our house to do any detecting (all our stuff is still in storage). My in laws live where a big town used to be, but now there are just 2 houses. I have to poke around the foundation I found and look in the corn field to see if I can find a coin or something. I just found a brass belt buckle.

Yep, the stuff in Germany was something else. I will miss it a lot. I think I bought enough home to keep me busy for a few years... cleaning it up :)

folkert

Feb 10, 2004
Germany
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero Germany
Hi Viper, where do you live in Germany? I live in Wiesbaden, so perhaps we can do some detecting in the future?
Best wishes,
Folkert

OP
OP
viper771

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
Hello Folkert,

I wish I could still go detect in Germany, but I moved back to the states in April. :( You should hit up the French campsite in Mainz since it is so close by. You will find LOTS of cool stuff there. It is right by the big cell phone tower that is off by the Bauhaus store and close to the big quarry. You can see the cellphone tower from the autobahn (the one that has been under construction for the past 3 yrs at least). HH!!! Let me know if you find anything!

-Viper (Martin)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread