found part of my ghost town

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt
sorry for it being so long of a post but im excited
went out with some of my outdoor adventurous friends (who dont MD) today after they expressed an interest to go on a short hiking trip well just so happens i have been wanting to go hiking myself. Ive been researching This town for about 2 years now and through careful research had finally last month pinpointed the general location down small enough to warrant a hike in the woods

we loaded up this morning with hiking gear and drove the 12 miles to where we needed to leave the road behind. after a nice 45 min. hike into the middle of nowhere we start seeing flowers :thumbsup: not the kind that just grow normal but ones that obviously don't belong and then the first foundation and man was it a big one(sorry for the poor pics my camera wasn't working so i was forced to take some with my phone) the undergrowth in this area is very tall almost 4' so finding the foundations that we did find were pure luck on this trip. after the initial excitement wore off we all spread out and eventually found a total of 4 in the thick brush and the remains of a well that was mostly filled in i have included 3 pics that came out good but the rest were so bad i wont post..lol so now i have a place to go this fall when the undergrowth dies off so i can find more of the town. :icon_thumright:

the first pic is of some old logs that were notched and set at the corner of one of the foundations

Attachments

• media2.jpg
    media2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 703
  • media3.jpg
    media3.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 693
OP
OP
bcs123

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt
hope this works for some reason the 3rd pic wouldnt post..

Attachments

• pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 692

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
bcs123:

You are on to something good. Work it slow and thoroughly and you WILL
be rewarded.

lastleg

OP
OP
bcs123

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt
yea im excited i cant wait till the undergrowth dies down i can barely walk through it let alone swing the coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread