Just by chance.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A couple of years back I was passing through this old town, I stopped in to the liabrary to check on some local history. As it turned out I wrote down a little bit on an old ghost town, so this past week I went back to check out where this site might be. As it goes I may have let the cat out of the bag on two different stops, I asked the people if they new of the town, no but now I do, the other person has a detector and so does his buddy, well I am hoping these guys leave this site alone, nothing i can do about it. Any ways I went searching for the land owners location, the third person I talked to, mentioned to me that when they plow they bring up brick and china. He told where to ask about the site I am looking for, I knocked on their door, they were really friendly, they said they own a couple sites around the corner where the old town of ten houses used to be. They said that there used to be an old log cabin out in front of their home, they have found china, and acouple old spoons.:icon_thumleft: They also gave me the phone number of the land owner that owns the two fields where the town was, all I have to do is call them to see if it is okay to detect. This might be another good year, there was another old village not fare from there, it is mostly fields, there is another person I know of that detects up in that area, maybe he missed this spot as well, just hoping.

YoungBlood

Sep 18, 2012
Awesome! Hope you have a great year! And I try not to tell to many people but sometimes it just slips :(

OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That makes sence, I trully enjoy the thought of what may have been left behind. These early little settlements where settled by scottish people, german, english as well. The area was settled in the 1840s time period, most of the time I find several bank of Montreal tokens, millatary buttons, the odd sporting button, no gold coin as of yet, but who knows. I am waiting for the warm wheather to get here.:hello2:

YoungBlood

Sep 18, 2012
Brian C. said:
That makes sence, I trully enjoy the thought of what may have been left behind. These early little settlements where settled by scottish people, german, english as well. The area was settled in the 1840s time period, most of the time I find several bank of Montreal tokens, millatary buttons, the odd sporting button, no gold coin as of yet, but who knows. I am waiting for the warm wheather to get here.:hello2:

Thats one reason that I LOVE archaeology. I've never found any old coins either because most people where I live had no money to loose. Waiting for warm weather too.

OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Up Date on old town, I just the okay to detect the site of the old town.:hello2:

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up Date on old town, I just the okay to detect the site of the old town.:hello2:

Great news- hope you do well!!! By the way- how old is this town do you figure? HH . yelnif...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread