HAUNTED BY Native Americans

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
AND! The OLD "Indian" towns of Virginia are seen on the OLD maps of Virginia; many histories of these old towns (aka "ghost towns") were written... by John Smith (Jamestown), Thomas Jefferson, etc. COPPER was the most valued metal, easily worked, into jewelry; river pearls. Then the BRITS, (et al) spoke of GOLD, SILVER... on to WESTERN Virgina, and SOUTH to North Carolina for GOLD; South West Virginia for SILVER. HH!

Last edited:

ray in ny

Jan 21, 2006
southern tier ny
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S CLASSIC III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 15 years ago I was looking at some land for sale, on a back road in the woods. Back off the road I found a huge stacked stone pile, probably eight feet high, maybe 15-20 feet in circumference, with a beaten path around the base. It was all flat stones, like shale. I walked around it, wondering what it was, then just got creeped out, got out of there, and never went back. Don't know if the land was ever sold.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
About 15 years ago I was looking at some land for sale, on a back road in the woods. Back off the road I found a huge stacked stone pile, probably eight feet high, maybe 15-20 feet in circumference, with a beaten path around the base. It was all flat stones, like shale. I walked around it, wondering what it was, then just got creeped out, got out of there, and never went back. Don't know if the land was ever sold.

Sounds like a Burial Cairn of a NY Seneca Chief; Spirits WILL guard the chief in death... as in life; had one in Virginia (burial cairn) of pre-Monacan Nation Chief, who died trying to reach SACRED ROCK up the hill from our (wife & I) rental house; Native ppl from all over just buried him there (where he fell) & put rocks (stones) on his grave. Native visitors to his grave, put a stone on his grave, over the years; must be about 5' high & about 20' around. his wife was buried in a smaller burial MOUND of earth (dirt), @ 100' below his cairn. That place was VERY haunted. See Psychics/Mediums/ParaNormal "Sub-Forum" for MORE on our experiences, there...

Last edited:

JOHUNT

Sep 24, 2009
Southern tier of New York
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ray, was that here in the southern tier? I know these hills like my own back yard, but never saw anything such as what you described. I would love to research that. I have alot of knowledge of the whereabouts of Iroquois villages.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread