Demijohns in Italy

JNorris

Apr 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I posted this twice. i meant to post the first one under glass. I live in Italy until November when we move back to the states. I found these in an old Italians yard. he said they had been there for so long he cant even remember some are older than him. I found a few that I have never seen before. They are obviously mouth-blown but using a mold. The color is darker at the stem/neck and gets lighter as it goes down. the bigger one here has obvious stretch marks/waves down to show the graduation of it being expanded. VED is molded onto the mouth. I have another small 5 gallon with the same stretch marks with IN.VE.M written on the mouth. The other demi I have taken pictures of it a small one as well but my favorite find. It has raised dimples on the bottom pontil? has VET on it. I have never seen one with a decorated bottom Any ideas on what the letters mean. I have been trying to find out. All the ones I found today have lots of bubbles stretched vertically from being stretched. The large one here (I tried to take a better picture) has a nice indentation on one top side from either being molded wrong or pressed while still warm. I have no idea. Ant help I would love. Cant wait to go back and look for more. Please ignore my messy house. IMG_7728.JPG IMG_7727.JPG IMG_7726.JPG IMG_7725.JPG IMG_7724.JPG IMG_7723.JPG IMG_7730.JPG IMG_7729.JPG IMG_7722.JPG IMG_7721.JPG IMG_7720.JPG IMG_7719.JPG IMG_7718.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread