What next?

Hoggtyed

Sep 20, 2005
Central North Carolina
Ok, I have been bitten by the gold bug. I think I got the hang
Panning. After seeing all the ways to get the gold out of the dirt
( sluicing, dredging, highbanking, spiral wheels ) its a little overwhelming. $1500 give or take for a dredge is out of the question.
I am on a budget here. $400 max and that is stretching is my limit.
I got to see a Gold Buddy recirculating sluice in action this past weekend and was impressed. You could use it just about anywhere since it recirculates and runs on 12 volt battery. It was also quiet, portable, seemed versatile and within my limits. The only other thing I saw that came close was the Spiral gold wheel(don't remember brand name).
I would hate to buy something then be stuck cause the next purchase is way down the road. So I was hoping for some advice? Thnx Hogg

Upvote 0

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Hogg.....I don't know what equipment you have but there is some you need so as to move as much gravel as possible. I don't know if your in a dry area on a wet one. You need 5 gallon buckets and screens that fit them. Get some shovels and a pry bar. You need a few chisel's and a 3 lb sledge to break open cracks. You need brushes and tools to clean small cracks. You also need a good first aid kit. When I leave the house I know I have all the tools I need and more as you never know what your going to find.....Art

OP
OP
Hoggtyed

Hoggtyed

Sep 20, 2005
Central North Carolina
I live in North Carolina, snake proof leggings are most likely next on my list of things needed. I got bucketts and tools. Just wondering how to more efficiently run material, the panning is fun but slow. LOL

C

cm5838

I have a 5" dredge, it moves a lot of material, but i still enjoy sluicing, it speeds up the process from panning a lot, and they are pretty inexpensive to buy, or a lot of people make their own, i would suggest to buy one, they paid a lot of money to have them engineered so they work right. just my opinion.
Charles

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005
Check out the DIY forum in Dredge Earth First.. Lots of good ideas. Same on 49ers. if you are mechanically inclined you can always build your own stuff.

Lot of cool ideas out there. If I were 100 miles instead of 600 miles from a gold area I'd build a trailer trommel..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread