OP
OP
arizonaames

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
Thank you! I have more pics in the photo section on my yahoo blog, goldhunting, along with the high banker I designed and made last month. What else is there to do in MI with frozen ground in the winter? :icon_study:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job Jim sure hope it finds you lots of gold this summer out west....Matt

OP
OP
arizonaames

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
I hope so too, Matt.... :icon_sunny:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job! A word of warning! resist the urge to put one of those tips that tapers down thinking you can get into cracks better. I burned up the Craftsman blower not thinking the thing depended on that flow of air to cool it down.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kool :icon_pirat: Say did ya leave the air filter in the vac part or did you remove it?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
extractor said:
Kool :icon_pirat: Say did ya leave the air filter in the vac part or did you remove it?

Left it on the first one I made. Didn't do that again! There's so much fine dust the filter clogs up every 5 min. The only thing I do now is to put a piece of 1/4" chicken wire over the intake. Iy stops the small rocks from beating up the impeller. Since you're out in the open blowing some dust isn't a worry, unless you are downwind or the wind changes ::) ::) As soon as I get caught up a little, I'll put up some pictures of some of the vacs I've built.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
boogeyman said:
Nice job! A word of warning! resist the urge to put one of those tips that tapers down thinking you can get into cracks better. I burned up the Craftsman blower not thinking the thing depended on that flow of air to cool it down.
very goodpoint!

OP
OP
arizonaames

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
boogeyman said:
extractor said:

Left it on the first one I made. Didn't do that again! There's so much fine dust the filter clogs up every 5 min. The only thing I do now is to put a piece of 1/4" chicken wire over the intake. Iy stops the small rocks from beating up the impeller. Since you're out in the open blowing some dust isn't a worry, unless you are downwind or the wind changes ::) ::) As soon as I get caught up a little, I'll put up some pictures of some of the vacs I've built.

Filter is a tube sock and it is on the regular filter........I like your idea better and will try it with a 1/4 mesh screen too....jim

OP
OP
arizonaames

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
killerwine said:
Looks good...Made one of these a few years back and it works great! Make sure you use ear protection...Mine is LOUD...

Mine too is very loud and will use ear protection.....jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread