prospecting around Port Angeles

J

joe of p-ville

I will be traveling up to Washington, a town called Sequim for Thanksgiving. My inlaws live right on the edge of the Port of Juan Defuca. Are there any places to metal detct or prospect around that area?, and would I need a permit. I was thinking of going down to the water below there house. They live about 100 ft above the water. It's a bit of a hike down. Don't think anyone would be able to see me . Joe

Upvote 0

Visionquest

Aug 2, 2005
I am still in Port Angeles till after Thanksgiving. I have found a few decent places to detect but it depends on what you are after. There are a few ghost towns in the area within driving distance that may be decent to detect. There is a gold mine just out of PA and I know a guy that is local that does fairly well prospecting in the area. I will see what I can find out from him. He and I are supposed to get together and go out here pretty quick.

-Mike

OP
OP
J

joe of p-ville

Thanks for the tip. I will be there only for 4 days so I'm not sure if I will be able to do much. I will bring my Metal Detector (MXT) and panning equipment. Just going to play it by ear. I will look any for messages when I arrive on Wednesday. You didn't tell me if I needed a permit to prospect. I 've heard Washington is strict on this activity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread