Chris in BC

Mar 19, 2003
Langley
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Keene 5" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LeTrap square and Garrett Green, If neither is with me, just about anything I can get my hands on.

A

ARCOMANDPURPLE

I agree with "CHRIS IN BC" GARRETT GREEN PANS. Good riffles shows the gold good and
of course easy to use. As for " le trap" I unfortunatly never heard of it, must be made in CANADA. But I have read a lot of posts from CHRIS, this guy knows what he is talking about. ARCOM

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Le Traps are very similar to Garrett's green pans except they are square and the riffles go all the way around the pan instead of just being on one side. I haven't used them. I've only used my Garrett pan, but I have heard good things about them. Can you offer any comparison Chris?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keene black or garrett green,just make sure to classify your materials prior to panning to keep the micron gold using ANY pan!! I prefer round to get my concentrates down.Tons a au 2 u 2-John :o

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I like the green garrett--most of the others are to big for my small hands---the lip on the bottom lets you change your hand position so you don't get a cramp....Art

D

Donna 2

Check out a "Rotapan". It's much more expensive than a gold pan, but it will put much more material through. I've just bought one and am waiting for some better weather to head out to the river to try it out -- you'll still need a regular pan for the concentrates.
Donna

Willy

Big ol' Garrett Super Sluice green pan

and I'll take it right down to the gold.. don't need a finishing pan with it. In my experience it's the fastest pan out there, and those deep riffles really hang on to the gold. ..Willy.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
You might look into getting one of the sluice box es they are supposed to work 9 times as fast as a pan.

G

geno

Even with a sluice box, you'll still need a pan to work out the concentrate that your sluice catches... I prefer the garret pan...it has a nice drop bottom.
geno

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
I like the garret pans too I have three in different size the sluice box that I am talking about is the grizzly sluice box. supposed to work faster but you are right that you will still need a good pan.

steppegold

Greenie
Dec 17, 2005

Attachments

• Darkhan Metal.jpg
    Darkhan Metal.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 2,686
A

Apache

In years passed I have used Keen, Garrett, and Proline gold pans and been very happy with both... but as a suggestion ... look into the Trinity Gold pan before you buy any more pans... It is the next generation for pans... I bought one and have almost quit using any other pan...

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have treid the Klondike Special (made in sweden) but it sucks ::)
I like the trinity bowl.

r49miner

Sep 12, 2006
Idaho
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer the green Garrett for the concentrates and the Old metal pan for testing an area. I have a lot different kinds but the Garrett if I had to choose just one.

Chuck The Miner

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, stock and DD coil
I have a small green garrett gravity trap pan for finishing and for my female companions who dont wanna lug around a 14 inch pan
I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE my TRINITY gold pan and wouldnt give it up, it works exceptionally well for clean up too
I have the green Goldcatcher i got with the GPAA membership, seems to work ok, i just lend it to my companions
Also got a proline "The professional" gold pan, it looks like the riffles are nice, though i just got it looks like a good pan for moving material faster than the trinity
and i just got a Grizzly Gold pan, havent used it yet altough the square shape and pull out bottom plug look interesting. I cant say i'm impressed with the stiff thin brittle feeling of the plastic its made out of. Looks like u have to baby these things or they'll go crack on you
and to process a larger amount of material quickly i have a Rotapan as well, but it is EXPENSIVE got mine for $270 CAD and that was the best i could get for a new one...kind of wishing i had bought used because these things are really robust and light too, i can fit it with 2-3 pans and a small pick and fold up shovel in a backpack
I do have a 36" sluice as well and it has come in quite handy although i can process almost as much material with the rotapan as i can with the sluice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread