GPAA,,,Going down hill?????Gold Guide is Outdated!!!

JohnnyThunders

May 10, 2005
I joined the GPAA when George the farther started the club.....
I payed my $79 and got the WORKS and the 1991 Guide.......
Perry seems more educated the Tom......
Tom seems a bit Dim in the head,I enjoy watching tom walking in the bushes with his shorts on and getting stucked with sticker bushes in his legs.(very funny)
And sometimes when he gets lost in the mines with the bats around him lol.
It seems that they have not made many shows,but i can be wrong?
Most times when they are selling their memberships to the GPAA,you can see the Gold Guide and many times its from the Mid 90s and sometimes there are no dates on the Gold Guide.
So I am assuming that they have not made any shows in the 2000s as of yet?
And if they have why are they showing a guide thats 10 years out of print?
I thought each year you signup you get a updates Guide?Hummmm maybe not....JT

Upvote 0

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mining old threads are we now? :D
Ya had to hit bedrock to find this one! lol

Good reading though. :)

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From the July/August 2014 magazine, Tom's stepson Brandon Johnson now owns GPAA. Tom married Cindy who had two children of Brandon and Aly. Brandon was born in Nome, Alaska. Brandon is the new owner of GPAA and LDMA as per the article. Bottom line the Massie's are still involved... The Outdoor Channel owned everything and Tom Massie purchased GPAA and LDMA from the Outdoor Network. After the purchase Tom sold GPAA and LDMA to Brandon to continue George Massie's dream. The entire gold business is now back in the hands of the Massie family. This is why the GPAA forums are new and needing some attention due to posting your name instead of a user screen name.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The deal about Tom buying the two entities happened a few years back, when the Outdoor Channel went publicly traded. Brandon isn't Massie blood so it's not really in the Massie's hands. Tom built him a Mansion in Alaska. It's my understanding that outdoor channel probably won't pick up the shows when the current contract runs out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread