Any BC Prospectors out there

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Vancouver,British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Upvote 0

Willy

Yup, they've gone to town up there. There's still some good land, but most of it is incredibly hard to get to. Seems like most people stick to the river/creek beds, leaving a lot of potentially good land for the enterprising prospector. Thing is, at $40 a cell, it's dirt cheap to get a claim. One thing I noticed while poking around up there in the streams is that there's colour almost anywhere you dip a pan. I've even sampled hillsides & pulled out a bit. I managed to snag adjoining cells with easy road access.. might even be able to get my RV up there... and 50 metres away from the creek!! The way the price of gold is going and the burgeoning interest in gold, a person would be wise to get property while it's still available. There's also a canadian version of the GPAA (not affiliated) and they have claims on Granite, Tulameen, and a number of other creeks in B.C. I'm thinking of joining up 'cause it would give something to do when I'm in the area & not on my claim. Also, it gives more choices when waiting for other places to thaw or for in the fall. ..Willy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread