Claim improvement Question.......

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have an area on BLM land in Calevaras Co., CA that may prove to have recoverable amounts of gold. I called BLM and asked if I can cut a path or road to the area of the claim as claim improvements. His answer was "Depends." Anyone have any experience or know of anyone who has been allowed to cut a path to a claim? The area is very steep and safety requires a sound path. Thanks for any help! TTC

Upvote 0

jimmygoat

Dec 1, 2009
Northern Cal.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D-5 inch dredge
Hello TerryC, If your claim is on forest service ground, file a notice of intent with the forest service and tell them what you have planned.They will let you know if you can or can't do what you want. They will require some bond $. If your claim is not on forest ground contact blm. Good luck, Jimmygoat

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see ya on the prospecting forum Terry.
Liked your post on the gold and the Pick's to.
Not much going on here in WI. Lots of snow pack.
Picked up the new Gold Bug detector a week ago;
Keep in touch I get 1 week vacation and need a place to go.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's going to depend on whether or not your claim has an access already (like a driveway). You can repair access, you can repair anything on the ground that gives you better means to access the claim, and work the claim. We have driveway repairs every year - don't need a plan of operations or Notice of Intent for that, unless you are disturbing extra ground, or are using larger "equipment". Our gets rained out, in parts, every year - and every year, we spend time fixing it up. California has never had a problem with it.

Beth

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ms O. nailed it on the head,they can't require a permit on the requirement of a annual labor and maintence required to maintain your legal mining rights. They'd love to make you think so but bureauratz speak with forked tongue to those --deleted-- enough to swallow that load a bile. SMARA is your archangel that supports your rights to maintain and mine under certain specific conditions. NOI/POO just another pile a vegetable soup to nail ya down to a spot they can come and harrass you CONSTANTLY for absurd reasons. Owning a claim now a days is more trouble than they're worth in most cases as everyone else can camp/party/trash and you can't even camp anymore(FS) because it's your claim-sic sic sic-John PS BLM claim book lays down all rules/regs/covenents/examples and is a MUST for any claim owner

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone for the info.. I will use it to tackle this issue. Hey BUMPSTICK! Good to hear from you. Those nuggets are the real deal! Most from Alaska though. One week vacation... mmm. If you can find your way to the Sacramento airport, Judy and I will pick you up and bring you here. I will take you to a location where I can GAURANTEE you will find color! Not like my friend's poke but color nontheless. The present state of the economy is dire. try it on a VA pension! But we can take care of you and your significant other. See ya soon! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread