Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking on e-bay and of course I am always looking at the properties for sale all over the United States. I notice there are quite a few gold mining claims for sale.

My question is has anyone had any experiences good or bad from any mining claims posted on e-bay. Of course I personally wouldn't buy into something without going to personally check it out for myself. I just wanted to know if anyone thinks that all or some of them are legit? I am sure there are some bust mines that may be posted, and someone is looking to get rid of it or scam someone over.

Any thoughts?

Upvote 0

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
i watch the feebay claim listings regularly.and other online sites that sell claims. some of those claims listed are not even recorded yet.but will be,in winning bidders name after payment to seller.more common perhaps,are paper claims.either title search not done properly,or not done at all.so that recorded claim boundaries are covering valid claims,and even private property.county recorders do not do title searches.they take the money,stamp the notice,have a nice day.thats all they are supposed to do.watch those listings awhile,they are easy to spot.click; ask seller a question: what is the original date of location?the brawny paper towel man never answers that one :laughing7:doesnt want to say,er,last week.most likely never set foot on the property.mark twain described a mine,as a hole in the ground.with a liar at the entrance. :hello:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:help: PPPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEE listen to Patches-CAVEAT EMPTOR=buyer beware. Without the ability to dredge claims are pretty much worthless. You must have economic viability to pass the dreaded prudent man rules as the only piece of equipment that will procees them righteous gravels is now illegal. Mutz/putz as serious mining is dead and claims worthless in a litageous society-John

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also keep an eye on E-bay for claims in my area. Have been looking for a claim in eastern Oregon for a year now. The other day a claim came up in the area that I have been looking at, went on to E-bay and asked the seller questions about the claim (simple ones) I have yet to get a response. This would be the third one now with no response. SOOOOO I have proceeded to file my own claims. $189 to BLM and around $50 for recording fees. That's a lot less than $4000, that's the average price around here. Am just doing my paper work for my third claim. Can file a lot of claims for $4000 dollars.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
When you file a mining claim (in Oregon if it makes a difference), don't you have to prove you can get something (like gold) from it?

Grey

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes!
I have been Re claiming claims that are closed. A lot less work but I still go and sample the claim before I start the the whole process.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread