Maryland Prospecting Spots???

MDGLD_Hunter

Nov 1, 2010
I was wondering if anyone had any property or knew of any property I could prospect on in Maryland. I live near Hartford county and I have heard of gold in this area. I would like to try out my new mini Highbanker I won at the west Virginia gold prospecting show. I would love to go prospecting with other people as well.

Upvote 0

rdevous

Nov 3, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fisher-1260X, Trinity and GPAA gold pans and Keene A51 sluice.
Where in Maryland are you all located?

I'm in New Carrollton.

Ray

Scottc9876

Apr 3, 2011
Calvert County, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am in Calvert County Maryland and am wondering if there are any other people in the area that are interested in Gold Prospecting in Maryland too.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The water between cabin john bridge and great falls has produced nice nuggets over the years. Frank

OP
OP
M

MDGLD_Hunter

Nov 1, 2010
I'm in northern baltimore county. But I also work up in aberdeen. Anyone have any ideas of where to prospect? I think I will be having a week off next week with the gov shutting down.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Mdgld, I am in Whiteford and I can tell you the pickings are slim around here for prospecting. There was a mine way back in the GlenCoe area, but I could never track it down. If you are into regular detecting and have access to a boat, there was a trading post on Garrett Island that has been long forgotten. There is also the foundation remains of an old castle at Loch Raven near the dam. I'm in GPAA and use to go prospecting out west before fuel went crazy. Frank

OP
OP
M

MDGLD_Hunter

Nov 1, 2010
I'm up for doing anything. I just won a goldbug pro at the gold and treasures show in Oregon last week. Maybe some people would like to meet up and do some detecting. I haven't figured out how to use it yet though.

Attachments

• gold fever.jpg
    gold fever.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 455

csadigger

Greenie
Jan 17, 2012
Adamstown MD
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gold Prospectors...The GPAA has a New Chapter in Frederick MD..
next meeting is...
Friday, May 11, 2012
8:00pm

• Mt Carmel Church in frederick MD

• Please join us for our newly formed GPAA Frederick/Mt Airy Chapter meeting. You do not have to be a member to come, so bring your friends and family and check us out! or give me a call at 301-524-4376 we also have a FaceBook Group; GPAA Frederick MD

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Prospectors...The GPAA has a New Chapter in Frederick MD..
next meeting is...
Friday, May 11, 2012
8:00pm

• Mt Carmel Church in frederick MD
  • Please join us for our newly formed GPAA Frederick/Mt Airy Chapter meeting. You do not have to be a member to come, so bring your friends and family and check us out! or give me a call at 301-524-4376 we also have a FaceBook Group; GPAA Frederick MD

Hey you think anyone might have missed ALL your posts??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread