CLAIM JUMPING

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you are pretty much talking make-believe here.... but in the interest of academic study...

give up and let him have the claim. Walk away. Then come back with more people and firepower than you ever thought possible conduct a "sweep and clear" mission.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some have been shot and killed for that very thing in Mariposa Ca. :coffee2:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid said:
Well, you are pretty much talking make-believe here.... but in the interest of academic study...

give up and let him have the claim. Walk away. Then come back with more people and firepower than you ever thought possible conduct a "sweep and clear" mission.

NEVER give up, NEVER walk away!........My firepower is my American Express Card, I never leave home without it. Also on the last part of your sentence. The Army already trained me for that as well.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
INTERESTING ::)
you guys realize this is just a hypothetical situation aimed at passing the winter away.
harlyman, sweep and clear is good if they are on the ground, physicaly , but lets say, instead of claim jumping, they are trying to make you let go of your claim so they can just takeover with out setting foot on the ground.
say they just try unsuccessfully to eliminate you. :help:
what would you do ???
:walk: or :boxing:

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is what the bottom of tailing piles come in handy for. Never know what you'll find in them.
evilgrin0044.gif

Problem just disappeared!

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmm said:
INTERESTING ::)
you guys realize this is just a hypothetical situation aimed at passing the winter away.
harlyman, sweep and clear is good if they are on the ground, physicaly , but lets say, instead of claim jumping, they are trying to make you let go of your claim so they can just takeover with out setting foot on the ground.
say they just try unsuccessfully to eliminate you. :help:
what would you do ???
:walk: or :boxing:

:boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
Claim jumping is a federal offence. So is using deadly force while in the act of claim jumping. Remove yourself from harms way and use enough force yourself to protect yourself and prosecute the h--- out of whats left of him to send a CLEAR message to him and ALL claim jumper. That it will not be tolerated.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seamuss said:
Claim jumping is a federal offence. So is using deadly force while in the act of claim jumping. Remove yourself from harms way and use enough force yourself to protect yourself and prosecute the h--- out of whats left of him to send a CLEAR message to him and ALL claim jumper. That it will not be tolerated.
FUNNY, not one person said , walk away and stay away :notworthy: . lets through a twist, lets say its not a person but a inter national corporation who is in partner ship with the provincial government. :love8:

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Detector(s) used
hmmm said:
Seamuss said:
FUNNY, not one person said , walk away and stay away :notworthy: . lets through a twist, lets say its not a person but a inter national corporation who is in partner ship with the provincial government. :love8:
The phrase walking away and staying away wasn't emplyed earlier, but walking away from violence in safer then confronting it head on.
I was referring to getting out of a violent situation as safely as posible to assure the best possible solution to being alive later to prossecute the idiot doing the claim jumping.
If I was confronted by a violent claim jumper... I might just as well shoot back to prove that violence will not get the jumper a piece of the action that he was looking for. I was suggestion a get away plan from the violent action of others that don't value your life and limb as much as you do. That way you will be alive and health enough to see that they will be the same...behind bars where they belong.
Most claim jumpers know the laws themselves and the penalties for their action and that charges of violent action with claim jumping will get them a few more years. If there was in thoughts of walking away and staying away... then it should lay with the claim jumper that knows what will happen if getting caught. Not any prospectors looking to be safe and sain in propecting whats theirs. Heck, I don't back down from any bully which scares me more then they do. But I also do my best to stay alive and well in a violent situation IF it came right down to it.
If you actually know a claim jumper, send they up the ------ -------- valley where there are so many prospectors on the claims that are heavely armed that they will turn around and run like hell before thinking of becoming violent on someone elses claim.

I didn't mean to write a book but I couln't help it.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Armchair BS dosen't relate to the field. Having the lead fly by your head and the ones you love DOES get ya going a mite but cool minds conquer all---and carry a big gun--John :read2:

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Detector(s) used
Exactly John. The original question of "what if" was acdemic and I've seen it both ways in the woods. The claim owner getting rough with the jumper and sending him running and the jumper sneaking up on the owner. Here online is armchair BS. I had three guys walk up on me once and they made the right choice of backing off because I was armed and whistled for more help. Oh, they still went to jail when the local sheriff caught up to them.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets see, protect my property or let someone else who works for the screwed up system protect it for me? I have seen how the system works and I think I will take my chances and protect it my way.

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Exacty, Jog.

Example (real life one)...

My wife was working at a liquor store back a few years ago and I came in to help stock until closing. A loser crackhead came in waving a gun at her and demanding money, not knowing I was in the back room seeing it all, where the owner kept his loaded deer riffle for such an occasion. Well he got what was coming. Let me tell you it was heck of messy and the cops came took the report and I went home never to be ask of it again. Hey, saved the tax payer some money and made an impact on future robberies.
Same applies on my mining claims proctecting my minerals just as I protected my wife. So if you point or wave a gun at me or mine better be serious, as I will be. DEFENSE:tongue3:
Oh, and don't sneak up on me. Almost shot a FS worker, whole nother story. :laughing7:

KLGourley

Apr 14, 2010
Lehigh Acres, FL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The police cannot be around every single moment of our lives to protect us from dangerous criminals. And, it is a very true statement that "if guns were outlawed, only the outlaws would have guns." It because of these reasons that I wholeheartedly support the 2nd Ammendment of the U.S. Constitution that allows we common citizens to own firearms and help protect oursleves & the ones we love.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI seamuss
I realize "The phrase walking away and staying away wasn't emplyed earlier" thats why i said "FUNNY, not one person said , walk away and stay away"
:icon_thumleft:
"lets say its not a person that is doing the claim jumping but a inter national corporation who is in partner ship with the provincial government. "
:read2:
here is a example.
lets say a ceo of a multy national logging company was using the logging to prospect your claim, say they are building roads, and sampling the roads to see what is there, then they burry the bedrock with road gravel before they get caught. :dontknow: through in "his brother is the forest minister".
you know they are doing it, but cant prove it yet.
they find out you hold a gold mine and as the years go buy, the loggers start to use deadly force to try eliminate you , say run you off the road.
what would you do if you could prove it. :boxing: or :walk:

:read2: hypatheticaly of course. ;D

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It really comes down to private property and family, what's mine is mine not yours so if you threaten me or my family in any way you better run like hell because I will stand my ground. Better them than me or my family.
If you or anyone were to suspect that the loggers or other officials are tampering with a claim then I would spend some time to get it on video, that now days is the best evidence you can get, "Oh" and a real good attorney.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Placer claims do NOT have logging or water rights and loggers can/will and have always logged where permitted. ANYONE can hunt,fish,camp, ride atvs and party down on your claim and you have the exclusive right to clean up their messes :tongue3: John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread