jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure where your located but I have seen ads in Oregon for a mining outfit that will help you locate and file a claim, not sure what the cost is.
I wouldn't trust eBay but you might look at craigslist.

jbarker52

May 19, 2010
Yes! In Arizona there are some guys that are excellent to deal with and they even take you out to the claim and help you process concentrates. I think they have a few claims in Wyoming and I'm pretty sure good placer claims in Nevada and Oregon as well. Let me know if you would like more info!!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:tongue3: Oldest trick in the book is taking folks out to claims and HELPING them process whilst they're salting the finds. Same as blastn' a shotgun shell fulla gold into a hillside,gravel pile or highbar. ALWAYS SAMPLE/RUN yourself for the truth and test where you WANT and not DIRECTED to a salted spot--CAVEAT EMPTOR-buyer beware--John

jbarker52

May 19, 2010
HOSER JOHN!! I agree that salting is a problem in the claim business. I have a claim from these guys and I know others who have claims in Arizona they bought from them. They don't go out on a claim with You and suggest one spot to dig that could be salted. You go out and dig and sample and they let you borrow their equipment, drywashers, power sluice, spiral wheel etc. I did my own sampling in many spots, but it sure is awsome to have all that equipment available for free, learning to use the equipment was a rich experience. They also have friends who prospect in the area and some of them will take the time to give you some advise and instruction. You do have to be very careful out there, as I mentioned on this forum before, I was ripped off on two claims found on Ebay, lost about $6000.00 dollars and a whole lot of time. I'm very fortunate to have connected with these guys. In fact I am selling my house in South Dakota to moce to Arizona to work claims full time. JohnB

jbarker52

May 19, 2010
Mu50stang! I responded to your email, if you did not get my reply let me know and I will try to resend!!! John B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions