Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: GPAA Membership

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    6 times

GPAA Membership

Does anyone here have a GPAA Membership. Is it worth joining. If I buy the $60.00 plan does that allow me access to claims or do I need to sign up for the life membership. Thanks again.

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Apr 2005
    North Carolina
    White's Prizm IV
    290 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: GPAA Membership

You have access with the regular membership.
    HH
    enamel7
    2014 COIN ROLL HUNTING TOTALS!

Wheats..27/0
    Buffalos..0/0
    war nickels...0/0
    Silv Dimes...0/0
    Silv Quarters-0/0
    Barbers-0/0
    Walkers-0/0
    Bens-0/0
    Kenn. 90%-0/0
    Kenn. 40%-0/0
    Proof-0/0
    Silv. Proof 0/0
    Commemorative-0/0

us
    Jan 2008
    Black Hills of South Dakota
    Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
    56 times

Gosh, I'm out of the loop. I thought it was $70.00.

Oh well, either way - you don't need the life membership. If you pay your money every year, you get to go to all the claims.

We have a lifetime membership - so, I don't keep up with the prices - but, just so you know - you do pay extra for the "outings", whether you
    have a lifetime membership or a regular one.

Beth
    "Irony is the rule"

us
    Sep 2010
    Denver,CO
    1 times

I will have to look around the forum here more but since I found this topic.

Question:

like he said "exactly how does it benefit a person to be a member"
    also
    What is the best way to become part of the local community of metal detection enthusiasts?

us
    Jul 2008
    texas
    garrett 2500
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.oroblanco
    Gosh, I'm out of the loop. I thought it was $70.00.

Oh well, either way - you don't need the life membership. If you pay your money every year, you get to go to all the claims.

We have a lifetime membership - so, I don't keep up with the prices - but, just so you know - you do pay extra for the "outings", whether you
    have a lifetime membership or a regular one.

Beth
    your chapter should have outings that you can go to and it should not cost anything unless you go to one of the pay to dig places like longs on the llano but you will have to pay for the big GPAA/LDMA outings or the alaska trip.

John
    if it was easy everyone would be doing it

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    484 times

Quote Originally Posted by mu50stang
    Does anyone here have a GPAA Membership. Is it worth joining. If I buy the $60.00 plan does that allow me access to claims or do I need to sign up for the life membership. Thanks again.
    it all depends on what you want out of the membership!and can you access many of the claims without driving long distances to get there. theres probly a club close to you GPAA or not) that you can join first (free) to see if you like it and what the club has to offer to teach you if you need teaching!

us
    Feb 2010
    Arizona
    Whites
    3 times

I used to be a GPAA member. I never found any gold on the GPAA claims I went to .

us
    May 2010
    5 times

GPAA is a great organization. I think everyone should belong!! We need to become more organizes or I think we will loose most of our rights as prospectors. Also, if You can attand a GPAA Gold Show like the one in Las Vegas this weekend it's really worth it. JB

us
    Jul 2008
    texas
    garrett 2500
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee_Kidd
    I used to be a GPAA member. I never found any gold on the GPAA claims I went to .
    lmao if prospecting was easy there would be a bunch of girl scouts getting rich digging for gold with barbies strapped to their ruksacks using plastic buckets and shovels.

there is plenty of gold on the gpaa claims if ya know where to look but the days of the 49'er are gone you cant just walk around and pick up nug's (doesnt stop me from looking though) i always find some gold, sometimes a little sometimes allot but its there to be found.

i hear it all the time from people (there aint no gold there) and i go right behind them and find it right where they quit digging, prospecting is not easy and takes a lifetime to really learn how to squeeze that stuff out of the dirt but it can be done if you listen to the people that really have a clue instead of the ones that talk a line of crap and show you a bunch of nugs they bought off ebay.
    B H Prospector likes this.

us
    Feb 2010
    Arizona
    Whites
    3 times

I know a few GPAA members who do pretty good only prospecting on GPAA claims but I never found any on the claims and I spent atleast a week sometimes 2 in a area before I headed to another claim . I did learn alot back then because GPAA members are knowitalls. I prefer to prospect alone or with 1 other person . I remember when I was with GPAA there were always people walking up to me talking to me and asking questions or telling me how to do this or that , I remember one day I couldn't get anything done because these guys from somewhere back east kept talking to me all day . It was funny cause they kept bringing me rocks asking if they had gold in them or asking how far down the gold is and stuff like that.

us
    Jul 2008
    texas
    garrett 2500
    1 times

i know exactly what you are talking about lol
    some of them still try and tell me how to find gold but i just tell them i have it covered and keep digging.

im headed to colorado this weekend with a bud to the GPAA arkansas claims to do some hard core dredging and camping.
    come on up and we WILL find some color.

i learned from my stepdad and he was a gold grubber from hell lmao

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    484 times

BEFORE you get to far in your plans for the Arkansa group claims for dredgeing you better check the GPAA status for that claim and the NEW dredge staus for that (club) claim. you cant dredge there from what ive heard. Blake Harmon told them basically to kiss off!this restriction is only for club claims.individual claims arent affected by this. see if you can find someone with a claim that will allow you to dredge their claim! dont ruin your trip there by not checking first......

im headed to colorado this weekend with a bud to the GPAA arkansas claims to do some hard core dredging and camping.
    come on up and we WILL find some color.

i learned from my stepdad and he was a gold grubber from hell lmao
    [/quote]

us
    Jul 2008
    texas
    garrett 2500
    1 times

[quote=russau ]
    BEFORE you get to far in your plans for the Arkansa group claims for dredgeing you better check the GPAA status for that claim and the NEW dredge staus for that (club) claim. you cant dredge there from what ive heard. Blake Harmon told them basically to kiss off!this restriction is only for club claims.individual claims arent affected by this. see if you can find someone with a claim that will allow you to dredge their claim! dont ruin your trip there by not checking first......

I have a few backup claims that i will be hitting too but i will also check into the status of the arkansas group just in case.

us
    Feb 2010
    Arizona
    Whites
    3 times

I have a good spot in colorado but it's still kind of cold in that area.

us
    Jul 2008
    texas
    garrett 2500
    1 times

i dont mind cold we will have a couple of dry suits lol

us
    Aug 2007
    Lacey, WA
    Gold Bug 2 and Teknetics T2
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by mu50stang
    It would help to know where you are located. If you are for example you are located in OK and don't leave the state it would be a waste. The $60/70 is for the year and includes access to all GPAA claims in the guide book. The guide book is updated every two or three years.
    SFC in the Army, back in Washington
    Remember a gold pan is like marijuana, the gate way drug to an 8 inch dredge!

Apr 2014

expo

Quote Originally Posted by jbarker52 View Post
    GPAA is a great organization. I think everyone should belong!! We need to become more organizes or I think we will loose most of our rights as prospectors. Also, if You can attand a GPAA Gold Show like the one in Las Vegas this weekend it's really worth it. JB
    Do you have to be a GPAA member to go to an expo?

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, and the Tesoro Sand Shark for sniping underwater on cleaned bedrock.
    1268 times
    Metal detecting for gold and Surface Suction Sluicing, AKA Triple-S mining.
    I don't believe so. It's a trade fair and they want your money by letting you in to see things that you'll hopefully buy.

All the best,

Lanny
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

us
    Jim Bowers

Mar 2013
    Hendricksville Indiana
    111 times
    Prospecting
    I let my membership lapse in November, simply because with my wife in a nursing home, I really can't go anywhere. I'm a member of a local club, and go out as often as possible. The miner's guide, and magazines don't benefit me that much, so I let it go. I am a member of PLP, and continue to support that good work.
    Last edited by Jimmydolittle; Apr 06, 2014 at 06:40 PM. Reason: addition

Charter Member
    us
    Crevice Vac, Royal Gold Drywasher, Royal 18" Pick, Miller Table, Gold Bug Pro, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Blue Bowl-Fossickers Fine Gold Recovery System, 12" Custom Gas Powered Trommel, Google Earth, and so much more that my wife does not know about, LOL.

Sep 2012
    Southern Arizona
    Gold Bug Pro With 5" and Elliptical 5" x 10" Coils
    840 times
    Prospecting
    If you plan to get a membership wait until the 2014 book is out. GPAA will NOT forward you the updated book unless you purchase a two year membership of which I think stinks. You will get only the 2012 book with a 1 year membership if purchased before the new book is out. The new book will be out in a few months.
    Last edited by AzViper; Apr 06, 2014 at 09:49 PM.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VIEW THE VIDEOS OR THREAD PAGES

Video Overview Blue Bowl Recovery System - Build Your Own Blue Bowl Recovery System - Build Your Own Crevice Vac / Blower - Build Your Own Trommel - Build You Own Miller Table

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors