Wildcat Canyon, Placer Co. Calif.

jbarker52

May 19, 2010
Would appreciate any info on Wildcat Canyon in Placer Co., Calif. Looke to be about 25 miles south of interstate 80. There is a creek that flows thru the canyon and may empty into the american river. Does anyone know if there is any gold in this canyon???, the name of the creek?? If it flows in the summer??? Thanks for any assistance John B

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:help: VERY UNFRIENDLY BUD FARMERS :-\ HAVING SHOTGUN WEILDING IDJETS JUST HANGING AROUND UP THE CLIFFS MOST UNNERVING-IF AMERICAN NBD BUT THEY WERE WETS =BD---John --about 18 months ago and don't expect trails as they hide'm pretty good.....

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hoser John said:
:help: VERY UNFRIENDLY BUD FARMERS :-\ HAVING SHOTGUN WEILDING IDJETS JUST HANGING AROUND UP THE CLIFFS MOST UNNERVING-IF AMERICAN NBD BUT THEY WERE WETS =BD---John --about 18 months ago and don't expect trails as they hide'm pretty good.....

Most are of the unfriendly type at least during the grow/harvest seasons. Just another risk/price you got to pay to get to the gold. Better to know before you go.

OP
OP
J

jbarker52

May 19, 2010
Hoser John-Gravel Hog-- Any info on Gold in the creek in the Canyon?? Does creek run in summer???
Is there any Gold that may be worth the risk??? JB

OP
OP
J

jbarker52

May 19, 2010
UPDATE ! This Claim I'm seeking info on is south of Interstate 80, maybe within hour of truckee.
Some info on Wildcat Canyon I got was the Wildcat canyon near Auburn, Calif. This claim is north east of Auburn by seventy miles or so, maybe 8-10 miles south of Interstate 80. Anyone with info, please get back to me!! Thanks JB

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By your directions and Ye Ol Google Earth Ruler....im gettin a spot very close to the north shore of Tahoe, However as the crow flies Seventy miles as the crow flies...is Nevada, some where near the Mt. Rose Highway. so some how the info your getting is not quite right? I looked it up though there is Gold there an anchient river channel that was mined in the past....its rugged and out there and if your thinking of buying a claim with out atleast settin foot on it first,Well, :read2:... I have lots of claims for sale... :icon_pirat: and if your still gonna buy this claim can i go work it :headbang:......fyi i did find alot of info on your correctly named however mis directed locale by searching the net....alot closer to Auburn then your plottin'....and for sure in Gold Country the creek in said canyon is of same said name........there are two named mines nearby that give there names tho some things nearby.....and thats all im givin ;D

OP
OP
J

jbarker52

May 19, 2010
Pvillehunter!! Thanks for getting back to me. I have read lots of your posts on the forums and I guess You are a serious prospector. I have different info on this guys claim, the latest is that it's actually only 10 miles from Auburn, near the foresthill turnoff go north and several miles to the Canyon. I need to do more research on this, as someone said this area is part of the Auburn State Rec. Area., possibly panning only and very difficult access. I thought it was farther east and north but I may be mistaken on that. Where do You prospect mostly, in the Moderlode??? You mentioned claims for sale??? You own Placer claims, or are you into Lode claims?? Be in touch!!! JB

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get the facts then come back.

Recreation Areas are usually withdrawn from mineral entry (No Claims) so if it is, as I have never checked, then the claim is not legal. Buyer Beware.

Get the CAMC number verify the location at the BLM, review the claim serial register, and check the master plot for mineral entry and other pertinent land status which could deem the claim sale to be a fraudulent act. :read2:

If the seller won't give you the information then look elsewhere, forget it, a scam..... And there are many claim scams abroad.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry barker i wish i had claims for sale..........I was giving you a warning........ :wink: cause it sounded like you might be trying to buy a claim before you had a chance to really check it out....pretty sure you can sluice maybe highbank in auburn rec area.....the spot you are talking about is out there though.

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:sign13: Oh...Wait.........I'll go out and claim up a bunch of land, regardless of status, and then I can sell you a paper claim. Exactly what happens on E-Bay. >:(
Nah, I'm not that kind of person don't have what it takes to be that low and dishonest.

Good luck with acquiring a claim and heed the warning. Always Check Records and Master Plot. Whether it has recoverable minerals, try before you buy!!!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread