Why do you prospect?

Goldbear

Apr 25, 2011
Wisconsin
Of course it is a nice hobby and all.... One that hopefully at least pays for itself. When you can do it local it certainly should. I live in wisconsin and will soon be checking places with tips from you guys but I really don't expect to find much. I used to elk hunt in colorado and got to know areas good enuf I wont be worried about getting lost! :laughing7: But anyway here I sat with great camping equipment and not really wanting to chase the elk up and down the mountains anymore thinking what can I do with it? Fishing to me is almost like what I imagine sitting in a nursing home would be like. Sorry to you guys that like it, to each his own. But now with a new Cibola in hand and soon to be a Mackirk sluice I have purpose again! :headbang: Well we will see what it brings. Would love to hear your quick little story of maybe how this gold thing creeped up on you and what is it like for you? Much gold to all of you.

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A prospector is a seeker and a miner is a reaper of the oro puro. Prospect when paystreak ends or lookn' fer new claims :headbang: . Why ??? Cause the sun came up, there was no dirt in my eyes and after 55+ years I'm totally addicted to a alternative lifestyle. I am comfortable in the forest, sittn' by a stream just watching the critters interact as the water burbles by. Meld into the cool background and become 1 with the forest. The city stress drains from your face and it loosens and then GOLD TIME-ROB RAPE PILLAGE RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ;D John :laughing9:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the challenge of locating and recovering Gold! :love10:

Whether it's searching for placer gold in a stream or lode gold in the mountains, there is nothing else like it and man it really excites me to see that glitter of gold in my pan or from crushing up some rotten quartz and seeing that yellow shine in the sunlight or finding a dirty nugget with a metal detector. I'll use a dry washer, high banker, sluice, pan, trommel, suction dredge, sniping tube, pry bars, crevice tools, ball mill, hammer and chisel, etc. You name it and I'll use it to recover "The Precious" :tongue1:

It really doesn't matter what is used to find it as long as you are outdoors and on the trail of that elusive Yellow demon, Shine, AU, Oro, Zlato, Color, Gleam, glitter, Sparkle, #79 or Gold, or anything else you care to call it. It also comes in many beautiful natural forms, Crystalline, leaf, rope, wire, nugget, lode, dust, grains, flakes, etc.

Some say it will cause you to have gold fever but it hasn't affected me. Just because I eat, sleep, drink, and talk gold every waking minute or I'm building mining equipment, or else I'm out looking for Gold or writing about it online, doesn't mean I have the fever. I may be obsessed with it, but No fever! :tongue3:

Go For the Gold! :icon_sunny:

GG~

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
GoodyGuy said:
I love the challenge of locating and recovering Gold! :love10:

Whether it's searching for placer gold in a stream or lode gold in the mountains, there is nothing else like it and man it really excites me to see that glitter of gold in my pan or from crushing up some rotten quartz and seeing that yellow shine in the sunlight or finding a dirty nugget with a metal detector. I'll use a dry washer, high banker, sluice, pan, trommel, suction dredge, sniping tube, pry bars, crevice tools, ball mill, hammer and chisel, etc. You name it and I'll use it to recover "The Precious" :tongue1:

It really doesn't matter what is used to find it as long as you are outdoors and on the trail of that elusive Yellow demon, Shine, AU, Oro, Zlato, Color, Gleam, glitter, Sparkle, #79 or Gold, or anything else you care to call it. It also comes in many beautiful natural forms, Crystalline, leaf, rope, wire, nugget, lode, dust, grains, flakes, etc.

Some say it will cause you to have gold fever but it hasn't affected me. Just because I eat, sleep, drink, and talk gold every waking minute or I'm building mining equipment, or else I'm out looking for Gold or writing about it online, doesn't mean I have the fever. I may be obsessed with it, but No fever! :tongue3:

Go For the Gold! :icon_sunny:

GG~

Ok ok ok GG
Take 2 of these :icon_shaking2: :icon_shaking2: and call me in the mornin,
Ya put da lime in da coconut......

Darshevo

Jun 16, 2010
Spokane, Wa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher CZ-6a
I;m with the group here. I go out to spend the time with my family, get away from the crowds and be part of nature. This year I have prospected places where gold should be and gold has never been. Burned up hundreds in gas getting there and probably don't even have a gram to show for it. The pictures and memories are priceless to me though.

As a close friend of mine used to say: You never see a tombstone that says "I wish I would have spent more time at work" on it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread