Jan 7, 2011
Fort Pierce, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Fisher Impulse, Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
architecad said:
Hi Fellows

Is there some place in Montgomery County that I can go to prospect for gold without get permission? Any creek?

If you live in Montgomery Co. and know of some place that I can go to prospect, please, let it know. :icon_sunny:

Thanks

Arch :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Not legally, but you can do some sniping along the rocks of the potomac between great falls and cabin john bridge, if you keep a low profile. You want low water where the bed rock is exposed. A screwdriver, a couple of hooks made from coathangers and some dental picks should get you into some pay dirt from the crevices in the rock. Don't get carried away with hammers and chisels to open up the cracks, it's park land.

Check at the visitor center at great falls, I think they have some books for sale about the history of gold in the area

csadigger

Greenie
Jan 17, 2012
Adamstown MD
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gold Prospectors...The GPAA has a New Chapter in Frederick MD..
next meeting is...
Friday, May 11, 2012
8:00pm

• Mt Carmel Church in frederick MD

• Please join us for our newly formed GPAA Frederick/Mt Airy Chapter meeting. You do not have to be a member to come, so bring your friends and family and check us out! or give me a call at 301-524-4376 we also have a FaceBook Group; GPAA Frederick MD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread