GOLD RUSH ALASKA season 2

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Lease - No Glory hole

Todd sure is a piece of work.

Well here we go again off on another Chinese fire drill...... Guess I'm not surprised.
Glad to see Harness was able to get some relief from the back pain without having to resort to morphine. :icon_thumleft:

The Klondike ought to be a real test, what with the permafrost and harsher working conditions and all.
Guess we'll find out if they have learned anything from last years fiasco.

The after show video: http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/gold-rush-2011-after-show-videos/

GG~

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELL, I'VE WATCHED LESS THAN AN HOUR OF THE SHOW AND I'M NOT SURE THOSE GUYS
COULD FIND GOLD IN A JEWELRY STORE.

IN FACT, I THINK I NEED TO GO ROLL MY LITTLE BOTTLES AROUND AND COUNT MY BLESSINGS!

:icon_scratch: :dontknow: :icon_scratch:
PROSPECTORMIKEL :read2:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:dontknow: whats with the constant language whining???-nothing said not on radio,tv,papers,schools and Sesame street for the kiddies and my god the songs nowadays. Some folks need to come into the 21 century as the puritanical 50s are gone ??? Just like them dumb arse miners-YOUR OUTTA THERE and the ol'gray rabbit does beat the tortise to the hole everytime---John

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I'm going to say about the first episode is that I would NOT be a happy person if I was on that crew.

After all the work they put in for Fred to come and take over right when they are AT the pay streak.

That's a really lame thing to do.

I can't say that I would not have knocked Fred out before we left.

I hope the Klondike treats them well.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todd is the weakest link. :tongue3:

I'm surprised they didn't gang up on him for failing to make the lease payment :dontknow:
And now they are going to depend on him to find another claim to work.

Kind of reminds me of something you would see on an old Marx Brothers movie :laughing7:

Nitro54 was right ....It's a great show on what not to do.

GG~

mu50stang

Mar 2, 2011
Honestly I think the whole thing was staged. For those guys to keep their cool like that and not lay a hand on that guy is amazing. There was probably no gold there to begin with and for some good drama they staged this whole thing. Thats my take.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Surely this was all staged for TV. How would one borrow and sell off property for operating capital and not have a secure lease agreement. Are we to believe that Todd had not spoke to the the claim owner for over six months. All of us here, would have had full understanding with him that we not only had additional equipment this year, but were also pulling out for Alaska on a set date. :icon_scratch:
As for Dakota Dave. If this was for real and he did this to me, I am afraid he would need to schedule for dental surgery and I would have a date with the Judge. >:(

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
There is one thing I might have misunderstood. :icon_scratch:
Are we to believe that for $80,000.00 Dakota Dave bought the Excavator, Front End Loader, Power Plant, Washplant and Support Containers. :icon_scratch:
If so, I would like to offer him a chance to make a profit. ::)

Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Klondike here...

When I heard Todd settled for $80K, when they spent way over $250K ... sounded kind of weird to me... I have mined in Alaska, ..a few times... I know how expensive it is to get equipment to Alaska, much less a remote area... I once priced out a remote mine I was looking to buy, .. it was so remote, the equipment had to be barged from Seattle to Bethel.... transferred to another barge company, sent up a river a couple hundred miles, then dropped of at a remote landing......and then walked about 60 miles to the mine site... just the transportation cost alone was around $300K... and this was several years ago... when fuel was much cheaper than now.... plus the equipment cost...another $300K... all before I would have turned one pound of dirt into a wash plant...even though it was exceptional good ground, I didn't buy the property..... just too much to risk...

They settled WAY too low for equipment...way too much of a loss... since it was the beginning of the summer... and no cause for alarm that the equipment would get snowed in... if Fred wouldn't see my price, ...I'd moved the equipment off the claim, stage it near the river until I had a place to put it to work in Alaska.... somewhere in that time frame, Fred would meet their price, no matter what it was!!...just because it is so incredibly expensive to transport equipment to Alaska from the lower 48.. and with gold prices so high, there isn't much in the way of equipment just laying around collecting dust in Alaska... it is being used...They had Fred over the equipment barrel...so to speak... Todd just didn't know it...

Not only is Todd an poorly experienced miner... but a very bad negotiator as well.... He'll need much more than $80K for any property and equipment in and around the Canadian Yukon area gold fields with these high gold prices...... for sure....

The whole thing is just unrealistic.... but good for ratings...

Klondike....

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
more rookie mistakes continue! if it wasnt for being a tv show, id be suprised if the entire crew dont leave and go home!but i guess the makeup girls make it all worthwhile!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:tongue3: What ya say Russau--I'm trying to make folks folks think I'm still young and studly and ya busted me--1988-ruck a chuckie rapids,triple 5" and poundage was cool. 2 wetsuits though as cooooooooooooooooooooold in the afternoons when river comes up 6-10' from the dam bottom,and warm before noon. Party on and do what feels good bud-tons a au 2 u 2 -John :hello2: :laughing7:

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
John, :notworthy:.
Ike, That is a very good point. It would have cost much more for Dave to have brought in equipment. :thumbsup:

If memory serves me right, last year the crew all had 5 to 15 year old trucks and suburbans. Now,,, Did yall notice that the entire crew all had brand new trucks and I think they even had four new Fifth Wheels Trailers. How do you do this when all were suppose to have lost money last years. :icon_scratch:

Bell

Jan 13, 2011
And if Dakota Fred is some hardened old timer miner, I would have expected someone on here to have at least heard of him before, or at least knew someone that new him, anybody ever hard of him? I think its like pawn stars, all fake as can be. Frankly I wish discovery and history and such would get back to making shows about history and science etc.

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
Even though I hate reality shows and know that at least some of this is staged and overhyped, I still really enjoy this show.

I don't know if we are going to find out, but I would really like to see what comes out of that hole.

HuntNdig

Oct 6, 2011
North Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bell said:
And if Dakota Fred is some hardened old timer miner, I would have expected someone on here to have at least heard of him before, or at least knew someone that new him, anybody ever hard of him? I think its like pawn stars, all fake as can be. Frankly I wish discovery and history and such would get back to making shows about history and science etc.

the show is infact not fake or staged. It says that the show is depicted of actual events that have occured. So yes, it is not real time events, but is "reenactments" of the actual events.

Bell

Jan 13, 2011
Err, thats kind of synonymous with "faked" and "staged" in my book, and my question stands.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:headbang: :headbang: The quick gray fox outsmarted and outran the lazy fat tortices to the hole :notworthy: :notworthy: That stupid stubborn old fart committed felony theft on that backhoe and should a been shot outta the saddle----John

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though "Gold Rush Alaska" is Staged, faked, re-enacted, scripted, phony, and lame............ It's still about Prospecting and Mining for gold in Alaska. So in spite of the shows shortcomings, I really enjoy tuning in not only to view the Alaskan landscape but also to watch the antics of the crew as they continue on their adventure.

One thing for sure, there has been no shortage of hardships that these guy's have had to endure during their quest for the gold, re-enacted or not.
Of course that's what one must expect when going off on an adventure with a group of inexperienced greenhorns. And even with experience the unexpected is always bound to happen. (Murphy's Law)

I could see that after only one season the crew has made some progress as a team, and that the commitment is there for them just as it is for all of us who have come down with the fever.

Looking forward to the next episode,
GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread