GOLD RUSH ALASKA season 2

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Thanks Buddy. :thumbsup: Wish I were out there sitting on an excavator, instead of stuck in this office. Oh well, if I can't get my hands dirty, I will just watch this crew. ::)

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
we should start a contest: how about how many times the words "Glory Hole" air in this season?

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
wwace said:
we should start a contest: how about how many times the words "Glory Hole" air in this season?

would probably make a better beer drinking game :occasion14:

01 medicated

Mar 2, 2010
N.C.
Detector(s) used
MXT 6x10dd-4x6dd
Yes here we go part 2,hopefully these guys have worked out all the bugs (and drama) and can get on with the business at hand,FINDING GOLD.

Gramps43

Feb 27, 2011
Tillamook, OR
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Still ain't gona watch it, don't like reality type shows, they always bring out the baser instincts of mankind.

Gramps

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
hope Todds oldman keeps his mouth shut and does what hes told todo and stop his thinking!somebody needs to show them again how-to-setup.run that wave table! or bring a guy in just for that!what dummies! id give my eye teeth for one of them tables!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A friend of mine took me to his property (rental lots) in Angel's Camp, CA. very near the Lightner Mine. He told me his son has an operation going near Nome, AK. His take last month was 20 ounces troy. These guys need LESSONS! Ha ha! TTC

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
I would much more like to sit on that porch and say I tried, than to say, I wish I had tried. :thumbsup:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS IT DOES FEEL SOOOO GOOD-John :headbang:

Attachments

• 05-31-2011 08;41;40AM.JPG
    05-31-2011 08;41;40AM.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 6,708

Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Klondike here...

It appears ... if you wanna subject yourself to such nonsense... One can watch the ENTIRE 2010-11 season of episodes of GOLD RUSH ALASKA.. starting at 8 AM, Oct 28, 2011...... on The Discovery Channel...one episode after another right up the this season's first episode at 9PM...Oct 28.....of the 2011-12 season..

For what ever reason one may want to do so.. but one could set up the DVR or DVD recorder and record all of last seasons episodes, one right after another...

Then sit back and see if they learned anything from last year...I'm betting on.....NOT!!!!

Klondike...

templa

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When watching 'Gold Rush Alaska' I didn't know if I should cry in frustration or laugh my ass off. All that useless equipment (except the trommel), all the money spent digging a great big expensive hole in the ground for 22 oz of gold? Ye gods! Then they brought in a so called expert 'Dakota Dave' who's mined for gold in all 50 states? My mine boggles as I watched him help dig an even deeper hole, smiling all the time. (I Begin to wonder if his didn't have an ulterior motive here - Oh well, guess I'm just a little suspicious of his motives) Having mined for gold in the Amazon I have some experience placer gold mining, but didn't any one of those normally intelligent men connect the dots? Gold very deep, 80 to 90 feet down on bedrock - D8 Bulldozed. Question, which would be faster digging down to bedrock, a track hoe at 1 cubic yard per bucket at the time, or a bulldozer moving hundreds of cubic yard per sweep? - No kibitzing from the audience please). I kept waiting for someone to jump on the 'dozer and start moving dirt so they could start processing the material on bedrock. No such luck, they just kept on digging with that damned track hoe. I hate to say it, but I've seen better organized 'Chinese fire drills'. Hopefully they will get their act together and start gold mining next (or this) season.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i dont know where you came up with that figure of 22OZ of gold. thats not what the old man said they got and what they did show was full of blacksand! they didnt even clean the gold up that they did have before weighing it for the show!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread