Bering Sea Gold- The New Frontier

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Emily has no business being on a boat let alone on a working dredge as a hand. >:(

Scott of the Wild ranger is the worst captain ever and his totals prove it :tongue3:

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoodyGuy said:
Emily has no business being on a boat let alone a working dredge >:(

Scott of the Wild ranger is the worst captain ever and his totals prove it :tongue3:

Amen. I'm to the point where I just fast forward through the parts with the wild ranger. Scott ruins the show in my opinion.

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
For those of you who want to go off to Alaska and do the same thing, it turns out there are many places along the coast (river run off is a good indicator to sites) where people are getting gold from dredging off the shore in the ocean. These places have less infrastructure than Nome (no roads to most of them), but likely there is also less competition. Nothing is cheap in Nome, so anywhere you go is likely to cost at least as much

Usually by the time a rush is on, you are already too late for it. Nome may be closed to anyone new. For most of the other potential locations, you may need a more sea worthy dredge (some of the ones shown on the Bering Sea Dredging TV series appear to be death traps to me). It looks like there are many other places to look for your gold.

I found the following:

http://www.akmining.com/forums/showthread.php/2158-Nome-Gold-Dredging-Video

5th reply down...

You can find golden beaches all along the east side of Cook Inlet and Shelikof Strait. You can pan gold on the west side too and even at Point Woronzof near Anchorage. The beaches at Yakataga are loaded with gold as well as at Sand Point. The beaches around Montgue and Middleton islands are reported to have gold too. Then the beach near Juneau must have gold, or so Joe Juneau discovered. I am sure there are many more golden beaches than these too. No doubt Nome's beach is or was the richest of the beaches.
Geo Jim

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm so glad that Steve is finally off the boat. Say what you want about Scott but I don't think I could have put up with that guy as long as he did. Can't wait for Episode 6 tomorrow night :)

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
GoodyGuy said:
Emily has no business being on a boat let alone on a working dredge as a hand. >:(

Good call Goody Guy ;D

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Emily is too much of a pansy, a lot like her Dad, to be out dredging.

Scott definitely needs an attitude adjustment, and Steve (Emily's dad) I'da knocked that azzhole out a long time ago. Saw part of a preview where it looks like Scott is gonna ask him back.... WTF?

Vernon should just get rid of the whole crew and start fresh, maybe he'd be money ahead. 3/4 of an ounce? Heck, I can do that in a few days down here in Oregon. :D

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet a few of the more experienced posters here could get a dredge up and running and make a good bit of money. I'll put in my application to be the abused deckhand LOL

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i saw on the discovery channel last night in subdued lettering, that the DC is looking for captains and crews to apply for the show. it was during the first part of the show down at the bottom of the screen.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one on the Wild Ranger could see that that the sluice was not set up properly, including the capitan? That's grounds for immediate dismissal of the whole crew!!!

And the owner waits until almost the end of the season to check on the situation :dontknow:
I say none of those guy's are worth their salt!

GG~

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoodyGuy said:
No one on the Wild Ranger could see that that the sluice was not set up properly, including the capitan? That's grounds for immediate dismissal of the whole crew!!!

And the owner waits until almost the end of the season to check on the situation :dontknow:
I say none of those guy's are worth their salt!

GG~

I Think that Steve &^%$ Sabataged it because
he thought it would be Funny.

Although it is Obvious the Capt. is a Joke.

RANGER31

Mar 3, 2011
lousisiana
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoodyGuy said:
I predict this show and all the gold they are getting is going to cause a new Gold Rush to Nome :headbang:

Good luck to all :icon_thumleft:

GG~
That it has allready started i have a friend that builds dredges and mineing EQ he said sence the shows started up there he is swamped with new orders comeing in so the new GOLD RUSH is on.

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Has anyone else noticed that whenever the wild ranger was dredging the appearance of having very little suction even when they thought it was running correctly? That alone will allow the box to load up and blow the gold off the end of the sluice box then add the angle issue on top of that. Truly sad to see such an opportunity like that wasted. :BangHead: :BangHead:

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Looking at the sluice setup, from whatever camera angle, you can see that the darned thing is too flat. Especially when they showed a shot this last show of the cleanup...... all kinds of crap on the screen, very silty. You know gold is just running down the end of the box.

Love seeing liberals dredge for gold, its funny as all get-out ;D Emily and her Dad are sure providing plenty of drama for the cameras, eh?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread