Bering Sea Gold- The New Frontier

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ought to be a good show!

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I get the feeling it's gonna be like a Gold Rush Alaska/ Deadliest Catch cross breed.... Might just be fun :laughing7:

oregongold.net

Greenie
Apr 30, 2009
Marcola, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Bering Sea Gold

I started a blog for the show once it starts to air. http://BeringSeaGold.com
I take a lot interest in this having been up to Nome, Alaska as a participant of their Gold Expedition, and met a few fellows who do this type thing . They seem to do quite well.
Anyways...check out the blog, as I will be adding my two cents about the series. Plus I will add, a place for comments if you have a Facebook account.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some real characters on that show
I'm pulling for "The Clark" and "The Sluicey" :icon_sunny:

Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Klondike here.....

I spent 2 weeks on the beach near Nome, 1982 or maybe 83....south of town about 1 1/2 mies towards Solomon... using a home made sluice, a gas powered pump... and sea water.....I took 8 ounces from the beach sands... all very fine gold.... I learned when I was there.. there are approx 7 seperate beaches...some (2) above the mean water level and some (5) being submerged.... I often wondered how much gold really is in the gravels under the sea water....now I know...

For a storm shortened day.... on the dredge recovering $72K of gold was inpresive for sure.... I know how hard I worked for my 8 ounces on the beach.... dealing with sand plugging the pump and suction hose and so many other problems.... I am proud of my 8 ounces from the Nome beach sands..... but that so pales by comparison to what most of them got off shore....

If you are serious about minng...and you realy want to improve your gold prospecting, mining and recovery techiques.....go to the beaches of Nome (no not with the GPAA) ...where to gold is so fine, a woman could easily use it for a blush cosmetic... applied with a fine cosmetic brush....The Nome beach sands will test your every idea and knowledge of recovery of fne gold...

Good luck to all...

Klondike....

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Heheheh, kickass show, I like it a lot. ;D

I was wondering WTH were these guys thinking trying to Row, Row, Row your dredge with a backhoe and they almost lost the whole shooting match because of it. But hey, 46 ozs in just a few short hours from a dredge with no propulsion/steering...

Love the theme song also :icon_thumleft:

Guess it's pretty obvious who the douche is on this one, we'll see if he can actually get a spot on one of the dredges, I doubt he'll last long anywhere up there.

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat show, got me wanting to be Nome bound! It's just sittin there waiting to be sucked up.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
im for the Christein Rose for getting the most gold! ive seen the owner (Steve Pomrenke) on gold fever years back with ole tom massie when he had a placer mining op in Nome and was doing real good!and now hes got that equipment loaded onto a big barge and i expect he will outdo all the others IF the producers/directors dont DUMB THEM DOWN for the show!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonights episode: One Bad Deal

A bar brawl threatens not only Shawn's health but the Christine Rose's future.
The Wild Ranger's luck is getting worse as they're down a man and have sprung a leak.
The Sluicey's Ian calls in a friend who offers both experience and criticism.

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The first episode was pretty good. I'm curious where this show goes.

1 thing is for sure.... This show is showing gold from day 1 and it's a great start.

Only a few hours of mining and they are pulling a good haul.

I can't wait to see what a full day of mining produces.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
just remember that this is one of them reality shows and it goes up/down to keep veiwers comeing back! im still for the CR to pull out the most!the first day wasnt bad in my books!

ahaulil

Apr 19, 2011
North Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are serious about minng...and you realy want to improve your gold prospecting, mining and recovery techiques.....go to the beaches of Nome (no not with the GPAA) ...

Could you explain your GPAA comment a little more?
For somebody that has never been to Nome, would their experience be better?

Thanks

ckd315

Greenie
Sep 13, 2011
NW Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
First episode was entertaining...

Who would I want to work with?

Yurt guy with the five ounces and the babe as my first choice, industrious backhoe paddler second, and knock on wood guy for my third...

But then again, I'm not there...

(But would damn sure like to be...)

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Yes, a very entertaining first episode.

They make it look so easy to find gold...I am packing my bags in the morning. Surely I can find $72,000 worth of gold in a day, right?

;D

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man,watchin them down her really makes me miss what I shold be doin :BangHead: goin up there to do that now is now on my bucket list!!!I would get on any of those dredges that actually dived....thats the best part of diving,cant hear any BS

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is it just me or are the three stooges working that one dredge? I find myself pulling for them to find no gold and the captain gets lock up for being a sorry baby daddy and paying no child support. It looked as if they were only taking the very top layer of material off the bottom? :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions