While searching for gold ...found something I wasnt looking for....

Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While searching for gold ...found something I wasn't looking for....

Klondike here....

Over the holidays, went out and about in California and Utah.....Helped a miner find the Quartz vein he had lost....and in Utah, didn't find what I was looking for, but found something equally impressive....

GEOLOGY...

With a larger commercial open pit load mine to my back.. took this picture of a landmark on the Southern route of the Old Oregon trail....It is called ..."The Devil's Slide"... Two layers of Limestone which where at one time horizontally flat, and through strong geological stresses has turn what was once flat to be perpendicular to its original flt formation... Gold is often found on Lime Stone contacts....The Devil's Slide is right on Interstate 84 about 25 miles east of Ogden, Utah....in some very beautiful country...

But what we found was incredible......Imagine how simple sand "wrinkles"... or makes interesting designs at a lake, river or seas shore...I'm sure you have seen them... sand "scalloped" by low pressure water flows... causing the ripples in the sands.....

NOW... imagine that sand becoming INSTANTLY frozen in time..and like the Lime Stone of The Devils Slide, turned straight up perpendicular to where and when the sand was first laid down.... Something happen to so QUICKLY that the sand turned to stone and retained the pristine shape it had when the sand was fluid and soft.. not hard and stony as it is today.. yet it looks like the water caused ripples were formed just yesterday....not possibly millions of years ago...

The third picture is a close up of the sand stone ripples...amazing is all I can say.....

If you want.. save the pictures and enlarge them on your computer.. You will be amazed as to the detail of the sand ripples frozen in time...

Even though we didn't find gold in a gold producing part of the country...we found something even more spectacular..at least it is to me... and I am richer for it....

Klondike...

Attachments

• Deviles slide, utah 3.jpg
    Deviles slide, utah 3.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 1,849
  • sands 1.jpg
    sands 1.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 761
  • sand frozen in time 5.jpg
    sand frozen in time 5.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 748
Upvote 0