mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't used that one in particular, but we do use a Little Camel.

It is one of the most wonderful things I have spent money on.

Making sure that your tilt is correct, it will get gold that you didn't know was there.

One this I stress highly - get jet dry and use it, every time - and even renew it once in awhile. I cannot believe how much difference it made. (More than putting in dishwashing liquid, too).

Its a great way to dig all day, and sit around the campfire at night and run the concentrates and fines. ;D :wav:

Beth

mineron

Oct 2, 2011
Gold Bearing MNTS
Detector(s) used
Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had one of these for quite awhile, a real time saver. Mine is the model that you can run on the battery or use a hand crank. The hand crank works surprisingly well. Would recommend and would purchase it again. The tiniest gold that will float pools together at 7-oclock where you can sniff it up, everything else is caught in the center cup. Works for gems as well by using a flatter angle. It is light to carry and will run for a long time on the battery. I put a new (bigger) battery in it about a year ago. Much faster then a pan for testing or for clean up. Tried it a few times running without water and it did ok. In the desert where it is real dry would do well I think. This is a well made tough auto panner, wish they made one 3-4 feet in diameter.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine doesn't have the hand crank. However, we use a little horse trailer battery and a solar panel - never had a problem. We just leave it up all day, and
the battery will run all night.

Gosh, we have had ours since 1996 (I think), and I did have to replace the bowl once - I think it was $17.00, if I recall correctly - and it wouldn't have needed replacement if I hadn't broken it. :BangHead:

Beth

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ifn' it ain't got a hole through the middle,it ain't worth a diddle as ANY model with continuous running is way better,and much better construction on almost all others also-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

OP
OP
OKIE

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the feedback.
John, why do you say it should have a hole in it? What is the advantage of the hole? Thanks

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't realize that any of them didn't have a hole. That was not good English. Rephrase: I thought they ALL had holes in them, so that you could hang that cup in the back and catch the goodies.

How do the ones without holes work??????

Beth

buckyboy

Nov 19, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I found was how important and how you can't get around classifying material. I spent a good 20 plus hours with a spiral wheel and even using every angle and wheel speed and still had really poor recovery. I did however get the best results after classifying. In the end and after running over 1/2 ton of classified material still missed gold. I get the best results with my mini high banker from Louie up in Oregon under the name of Fine Gold Recovery. He is retired now though.

Really liking the Miller table and am making one now.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh - those Miller tables are, for sure - intriguing. I have seen them work (a demonstration), but have never used one myself.

I think they are neat.

Beth

OP
OP
OKIE

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buckyboy, Thanks!
But I do classify all my cons down to 100 mesh and run all of them as they are classed out..and save it and do it again and again....lol.
I made a vibrating classifier that makes short work of the step tho I will post some pics of it in the next few days.

ebuyc

Jan 17, 2012
Spokane, Washington
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My prospecting buddy has this spiral wheel - and I must say I am not impressed. There is a center removable cap for the super cons... I do like the small battery built in and with the hand crank it is legal to use most places... but still not something I would invest in.

I find a finish sluice, fluid bed concentrator or the gold cube to all be better investments. As far as the Miller table goes - they are great but NOT for concentrating! Use one of the before mentioned ways to get you 'super' cons - then classify them (if not already) and run on the Miller table for clean gold. The backside of the Hobbico and Staples self healing matts work very well for a Miller table surface by the way.

For a pre-fab finish sluice the bucket sluice concentrator is very good bang for buck! Thanks Dale!

For a pre-fab fluid bed the quicksand concentrator is very good bang for buck! Thanks Rick!

The gold cube... well is the amazing, super fast gold cube! Thanks Mike and Red!

If you want to build your own finish sluice or increase fine gold recovery rates in your stream sluice, the new Gold Hog AR matting should be available this month! Thanks GGG!

If you want to build your own fluid bed The Gold Hog guy GGG has a nice starter video. Thanks again GGG!

You want to build your own Gold Cube? Watch Mikes youtube channel... thanks Mike!
Don't under estimate the 'boil boxes' between each tray... part of the secret... ssshh - not just active vortex matting...

A demo of the Gold Cube by GGG.

Forget the spiral wheel - My 2 bits...

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bump..... I am looking at this wheel and it sounds good, however there is very little reviews that I have found. Since the last post here has anyone tried this unit and what are the pro's and con's... Thanks..

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only had my Gold Magic for a short while, and I do like it. Very small gold
is not lost and the larger sized flakes and small pickers come out of the black
sand really clean. I'm not sure if I have the angle adjusted quite right yet 'cus
I still have a lot of flour gold in the black sands. I run it in the wet mode with all
the cons classified to 1/4 inch or less. Gold Nuggets :hello:

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold nuggets...Thank you.. I also classify to 1/4 inch which would be easier on the equipment. That fine flour gold in black sand can be hard to separate, what I have found that works for me is to dry it out in a metal pan, sheet etc and after it's dry run a magnet to draw out most the black sand.

From your positive experience I am going to order one...Thanks again gold nuggets..

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
time to buy one of these I can see thanks for everyones input freddy

harryb007

Oct 28, 2010
Waterboro, Maine
Detector(s) used
XLT, Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
I saw one in action 2 weeks ago and was very impressed. No sluicing, the couple using was digging, classifying and running material through wheel. I was digging, classifying, sluicing and panning. They were getting fine gold 10 to my 1. I just found and bought one on ebay with the motor and hand crank new for 305.00. That is with the high shipping of 54.00. Still 150.00 off. Hopefully I get it in time for next weeks trip. I will follow up in this thread of my opinion after the first run.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They are a good time saver. :)

Products dont usually stick around unless they are good and from what I have seen, the automatic spiral panners have been around for a while.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only had my Gold Magic for a short while, and I do like it. Very small gold
is not lost and the larger sized flakes and small pickers come out of the black
sand really clean. I'm not sure if I have the angle adjusted quite right yet 'cus
I still have a lot of flour gold in the black sands. I run it in the wet mode with all
the cons classified to 1/4 inch or less. Gold Nuggets :hello:

You'll never get the tiny gold unless you classify MUCH small than 1/4! You need an 8, 12, 30 and 50 mesh screens to classify your cons. You can't expect small gold to hang around with 1/4" boulders kicking it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions