Shaker Table

mu50stang

Mar 2, 2011
I just bought the keene shaker table and can't figure this thing out for the life of me. Has anyone used this before. I'm getting most of my gold in port 1 but also alot of black sand. I try and re-run the black sand with the gold a second time with a little more slope and some of the gold goes into port 2 with the black sand and port 1 gets the same. I thought that port 1 was supposed to be all gold and no black sand. The instructions suck. Anything I have ever bought from Keene come with crappy instructions. Any help is appreciated.

Upvote 0

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I must be getting old. I answered the wrong shaker table thread. NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR TABLE. Remember
it is a displacement table. Gold displaces the black sand. For small amounts of gold you will never get a clean con.
Yes a lot of the very fine gold goes into the middlings. A lot of folks run their final cons thru a miller table.
I used to own a RP4 table and sold it for the above reason. It works just fine if you have ounces of gold but for small
amounts of gold-No you will not get a clean con. That's why I own several wave tables.

George

View attachment 1155228
I understand getting old and CRS disease! :)

George has plans here on TN to build a wave table. A very nice piece of equipment and nice looking gold, too.

So my thinking right now for a list of items that will get you clean, fine gold without tremendous up-front costs: wave table, Miller table and a small Clarkson rod mill--and a pan. If I had space and money I would add a Gold Cube. It reduces your cons. I currently have two Miller tables (Duck shelf liner and Hobbico mat surfaces) and pans galore. I want to get the rods to try my small rod mill idea and I want to build George's ~$200 wave table. I currently reduce my cons with an A52 recirculating set up.

Thanks, George, for giving your perspective. Having not used a RP4, I could not compare to a wave table. Thanks for your input.

Lookinghard

Tenderfoot
Dec 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RP4's spring steel dimentions anyone?

I'd like to know the width, flexural height and thickness of the spring steel supports on the RP4 table. It's available in 6" and 12" widths and 24" long and many thicknesses, all the same price. Like to get it right the first stab at it or $100 on some linear bearings would be preferable for a true inline motion. But the lightness of the bakergeol unit is attractive for portability.
From the pictures of the RP4, the sheet looks about 9" wide, 12" could be substituted if I went a little thinner. I'm pressed for time as spring approaches and this looks like a time and $ saver.

Thanks
Lookinghard

Lookinghard

Tenderfoot
Dec 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spring steel sheet specs fro RP4 table size

After finding a few low angle photos on 911 site of the RP4 table, it appears the spring sheets are 6" wide and the flexure length might be 9". You can see the edge but it could be .040", .050" or .062", hard to tell without someone measuring one.

Given that bakergeol can run 50-75/hr through his bump table, there is no reason for me to go any wider than a 6" spring sheet on a 13" deck. I am surprised that he can get 220 bpm out of a 1.2 amp 12v motor. The cam slapper design would seem to keep a lot of odd vibrations out of the table too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread