DanBama

Apr 4, 2010
N.E. Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Marc - Good Luck .

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,453356.0.html

To the TreasureNet.com Community,

My name is John Gonzalez and I wanted to make an announcement and confirm that the site has been sold. Let me assure you that we absolutely love this site. I watch the daily finds forum religiously. The banner finds here have so much history and amaze me every time I think about how awesome it is that members on this site are out there finding treasure and we get to hear about it and read about it. I'm amazed every time I see someone write up an awesome how-to post for tweaking your settings on a metal detector, to panning, etc. We have no intention of doing away with all the things that make this site awesome. It's the community, you guys, that make it what it is.

We do have plans to upgrade the site though. When we first took ownership and moved the site to our brand new ultra beefy server we did notice that there were a few database queries that were not optimized. We've optimized this software as much as we can and I believe the site is now running faster then it ever has before. I still notice some slowdowns though, mostly related to some flash apps running on the site causing my CPU to load up. We are going to try to remove those moving forward as well. We also believe that switching the forum software to vBulletin which is a software we are familiar with will help us grow long-term.

We are in the process of that conversion right now. But we did not want anyone to lose any functionality with the site... so we are taking the conversion process slow and making sure that all the custom coded scripts, features, etc. get moved over. There will be a bit of growing pains as there always is with any type of change but I feel confident that within a few weeks of the conversion the community will like the newer software better.

There has also been a recent issue with Charter Memberships not being assigned. We are working on that as well. Everyone who paid should now have their membership levels. If you do not, PLEASE send me a PM and I'll take care of it right away. The current system is NOT fully automated so someone has to manually bump you up. This leads to delays. The newer system will fully automate this.

Please feel free to ask any questions you want in this thread and I'll be happy to address them. We have a team of members on the site and they will chime in as well and any one of us should be able to help out.

Upvote 0

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
good luck on your new venture :hello2:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I will always wonder what the REAL motivation in (and people behind) buying TNet was.

Follow the money.

It's the motivation for everything.

(except California earthquakes- then it's just to cheaply acquire beachfront property in Arizona)

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Color me confused. :icon_scratch:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I wish the new owners well and hope that the site continues to be a great source for everything from how-to info to issues we as treasure hunters of all types face. I would lime to see a relaxation of some of the rules against political posts or maybe make the political forum open to all instead of just charter members.
T-Net has been a great site and I've learned a great deal from the other members here that has advanced my mining from weekend warrior level into the minor league professional ranks. It has opened my eyes to the battles that miners across the country have had to fight for many years now and to how A few very dedicated people have been fighting these battles for all of us. T-Net has taught me more in a couple of years than I had learned in a couple of decades of learning on my own.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Ahh! Thank you for pointing that out Fowled. Reading before the coffee has kicked in is not my strong point.

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John - the sale is over - the non compete agreement is past - and my private threads deleted. (how convenient)

https://web.archive.org/web/20111124224542/http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,28494.0.html

Funny - despite offers - we've never met or talked. I will always wonder what the REAL motivation in (and people behind) buying TNet was.

Marc , Interesting read on that link you provided :thumbsup: From your profile picture you don't look like a sorcerer to me, more likely a Movie star :headbang:

But that was an interesting -and- confusing story about getting your property , using a Ouija Board ? I never heard of such thing :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread