8 ounce nugget from Rich Hill area?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have now.

That's amazing and a confirmation that there's still gold in them hills! I have good friends who live in Prescott, seems like a good time to pay them a visit.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone else heard of an 8 ounce nugget found in the last coupla-three days in the Rich Hill area? I have more info but am not allowed to devulge till the finder makes more info known. TTC

Here is a photo of the specimen. The man and his son that found it are friends of mine here in Westchester, NY..

Attachments

• zpfile001.jpg
    zpfile001.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 318
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a photo of the specimen. The man and his son that found it are friends of mine here in Westchester, NY..
A very big THANK YOU, Terry , for the confirmation and pic. Can you post any more info? DON'T post location found! TTC

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A very big THANK YOU, Terry , for the confirmation and pic. Can you post any more info? DON'T post location found! TTC

Terry, I'm going to let my friend (who owns the claim where it was found), crow a little bit if he wants to first. There is a story that goes with the find. I am proud to say I referred the gentleman that found it, and I could not be happier for all involved!

Last edited:
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is OUTstanding, Terry. YOU have the honors of nominating for Banner Find. Go for it, friend. TTC

Hickory1

Apr 12, 2012
NE Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 200
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heck I wouldn't tell anyone....why the need to divulge? With the current price of gold it's like asking for problems....shhhhhh!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, do tell. There is room here for all LIGITIMATE prospectors. The info is a good BOOST to area businesses. It was gold that started this area and it is gold that keeps it going. TTC

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the Rich Hill area. Lately nice nuggets are surfacing around here. Maybe another goldrush starting. I'll have to dust off the hotdog cart..."peanuts, popcorn, candy coated snacks..."
TimC

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Y Not?

We have been pulling beautiful nuggets out of the Rich Hill area since 1977. They ARE still there. Here are just a few from the last couple of seasons. Oh, and here's a hot tip - all of these came off Y Not claims. Tell Tom and Maggie Terry S. sent ya!

Attachments

• DesertShark.jpg
    DesertShark.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 190
  • z2.jpg
    z2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 795
  • shfgr.jpg
    shfgr.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 218
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We have been pulling beautiful nuggets out of the Rich Hill area since 1977. They ARE still there. Here are just a few from the last couple of seasons. Oh, and here's a hot tip - all of these came off Y Not claims. Tell Tom and Maggie Terry S. sent ya!
That's some fine shine as well . What did that one in pic # 2
weigh in at ? If you know .

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I live in the Rich Hill area. Lately nice nuggets are surfacing around here. Maybe another goldrush starting. I'll have to dust off the hotdog cart..."peanuts, popcorn, candy coated snacks..."
TimC
:laughing7:

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry S., Are you Back Country Prospectors of Congress? I will be buying an MD20 from you (BCP) next week, if you are. TTC

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's some fine shine as well . What did that one in pic # 2
weigh in at ? If you know .

1.1-ounces That is a real nice nugg!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry S., Are you Back Country Prospectors of Congress? I will be buying an MD20 from you (BCP) next week, if you are. TTC

Nope, not me. Is that Loye Blackburn out at Stanton?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions