"Goldfathers" new show on Nat Geo!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone watch?

Here are some video clip's of the show: http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/national-geographic-channel/shows/goldfathers

Among those ‘going for the gold’ are: John Reeves, one of the largest private landowners in the state. With gold prices soaring, John is taking a second look at the properties he owns. Helping him in hunt for treasure is an archive of old maps that will hopefully point him to where the gold is on his vast property. He brings in his city slicker kids to help him prospect and hopefully find the mother lode. (He also brought the eye candy)

Then there’s Doug Baker. Part brilliant mining engineer, part mad scientist, Doug leads his family mining operation: the down-and-dirty Mudminers. Doug is half a million dollars in the hole after a disastrous season last year. If this season isn’t his best, it will be his last.

Finally, we have CCR Mining, a company started by two young upstarts, Creighton Lapp and Chuck Tillian, who are looking to join the big leagues. They have leased a mining claim that is supposedly “gold rich” from Clark Durant. CCR has high hopes for the season, but get off to a slow start amid a series of miscommunications.

[video=youtube;C_ct0Qrg3-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C_ct0Qrg3-8#![/video]

Season1 Episode1: "Race for Gold"
[video]http://www.putlocker.com/file/FAE0C49300B9C85F#[/video]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks interesting (sort of). I'm sure I'll do like I did with GRA and record every episode so I don't miss any of the drama. It would be nice for someone to make a gold mining reality show that is actual reality for a change. I can only hope this might be the one.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Saw the Sunday night program last night for the first time. Beautiful country, but a harsh life, one made easier by TV money I am guessing. I will watch, just to see the work and the gold come out of the ground. Why does the big guy with all the kids look so familar?

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw it last night also.
Kinda wondered what kind of permits they had to just start digging a ditch and diverting water.
Also flooding the road.
Will this be a weekly show?

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Yes, I caught it last week (first show) Looks to be pretty good so far. Not nearly as much drama as Gold Rush or Bering Sea gold (at least not yet...)

Started a thread about it yesterday in TV shows. We'll see how it shapes up. :)

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way better than Gold Rush Alaska ...... so far it's about the rigors of mining not the drama between the miners. :thumbsup:

Last Nights episode.......
Goldfathers: Get Rich or Die Mining

[video]http://www.putlocker.com/file/5B02E7220C0135D2#[/video]

GG~

Last edited:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just one episode of Gold Rush Alaska soured me, so haven't even bothered to look at some of the new programs.
But if you guys say that Goldfathers might be worth watching, I'll try to catch the next episode....almost anything has
to be better than some of the other stuff they are trying to program...........:hello:GN

Roger

May 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
Our Gold Prospecting equipment consists of two desert foxes , one mountain goat, a honcoop 2 in higbanker dredge attachment six wheel atv and three trailerone that is habitable.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Howdy everybody. Looking forward to watching this show and telling gold prospecting sories. My story this year is woe and little color after two trips to "gold camps" that costs us money yucky start to gold season 2012.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is less dramatic than Gold Rush? I didn't really look like that from the promo with all the guns and talk of possibly having to "kill someone". Just made me think it was another rubbish show [that I generally get sucked into anyway]. If you guys say it's OK, I'll try it out. I like watching the actual mining, if and when it happens.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
This is less dramatic than Gold Rush? I didn't really look like that from the promo with all the guns and talk of possibly having to "kill someone". Just made me think it was another rubbish show [that I generally get sucked into anyway]. If you guys say it's OK, I'll try it out. I like watching the actual mining, if and when it happens.

in the out of the way places in Alaska,everyone carries a gun and will pop you if your somewhere/or doing what your not supposed to be doing on their claim!this is the real life in Alaska!

Mudminers

May 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are one of the three companies featured on the show. However, our company was not involved in any aspect of the production of Goldfathers. Gold mining is our source of income. In fact, we are currently in the middle of our season and haven't been able to see all the episodes. We do hope and trust that Goldfathers, will portray us accurately, but understand that there is great power in editing. So we want to get involved in the discussion on the show and give you our take on what really happened and if necessary, set the record straight. We will be regularly posting updates about the show and our current season on our website, facebook, and twitter.

Mudminers: Alaska Placer Gold Experts (www.mudminers.com)

Last edited:

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ "Mudminers" Awesome to hear from you. I have to say with just the start of the program your family interest me above the others. Got to be a close relationship within your family to make something like this happen. Good luck, You all are livin my dream, I'll be watching. Hunter

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Mudminers, Best of luck to you and your crew. I would have to say the the best Charactor Light has been shined on your family. Class act of hard working people, trying to improve their lives, with as little government intervention as possible.:thumbsup:

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems like the producers have done a great job of keeping the "Gold Rush" type drama out of this show. I love watching the Reeves family. It's nice to see the kids getting out and helping. To often these days kids would rather stay inside and play video games or watch TV.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EZ to get youngns' to work-no labor no food and man alive all you see is ahole and elbows,besides them kids are educating on Pops dime and if I remember right private schools elsewhere so good independant life dependent on oro puro recovery even gets the lazy to hustle-tons a au 2 u2 -John

Jerry311

Nov 3, 2011
Ramona CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like this show. It's not as bad as the other gold rush show.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the first two episodes posted on here. Is there anymore.

Those were the only ones I've found so far. Will post others if/when I find them.

GG~

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread