Whites DFX, stock and DD coil
Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your going in the wrong season. Motherlode usually fulla rain and snow for Xmas! Go west young man in the late spring,summer,or fall.Tons a au 2 u 2-John

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
Im thinking about the yuba river area also near Nevada city or sacramento

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
Smithsgold said:
When the waters cold it's nice to have warm weather to dry off with.
its nice to have warm weather when the water's cold unless youre wearing a 5mm wetsuit, then it doesnt matter.
I wear 3mm neoprene boots in freezing water and it takes about 2-3 hours before i even notice the water temp
SCUBA eqipment's not made by dummies.

r49miner

Sep 12, 2006
Idaho
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your going to metal detect, I would say the winter in Southern California, or Arizona. The deserts are always better to play in the winter. If your going to be panning, to my knowledge there is no season for that. If you use a Dredge then I would look up the Department Of Fish and Game for the Season for the river(s) you want to dredge. It used to be $125 for an out of state license but that was years ago. Now I don't know what it is. If your going to be working the North Fork of The Yuba River, I can tell you the season used to open Memorial Day week-end. I think the last Saturday of May and ended October 15th. In California each river or creek has it's own season if it's even allowed. So check with Department Of Fish and Game once you know what area your going to be in.

Chuck The Miner

Bebop

Jul 14, 2006
Thompson UT.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100/Explorer XS/ Garrett GTI-1500/GTA-1000/Grand Master Hunyer III/White Goldmaster II
Some of the main rivers stay muddy late into the dredging season from all the run off, So be for you go call the fish and game and see how the river is doing.

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
Thanks 4 the info, looks like my plans fell through for California at least for now. Didnt wanna go on my own and couldnt get anyone to go with me seeing as all my family think im crazy. I do have a commitment from a few friends to go up north to the Yukon and Alaska in the summer though so im looking forward to that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions