Ohio Gold

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
You may be able to find small amounts of placer gold in Ohio. I do not think that you can find enough tomake it worth your time and effort. Good luck!

M

midwest_prospector

I have an Ohio map showing several known gold locations on my website, here is the link to that page: http://www.midwestprospector.com/page12.html I also have location pages for several other Midwest states and New Hampshire & New York. May your pans be heavy with gold!

Chuck Lassiter

Axgar

Sep 23, 2005
Columbus, ohio
.. Depending where you are in ohio is to how you go about looking for the gold. i live in stark county so i am on the end of the Glacier till zone ... lots and lots of sand and debree(sp) to move ( not unlike other gold prospecting projects ) it just seems to be more spread out here in my area .. not very concentrated.

Second .. what are you going to be using ?? just a shovel and buckets .. a sluice .. a high banker .. a dredge??

Last .. How much are you Wanting to find? in ohio if you find an ounce in a year you are doing Great .. the gold here is very very fine but with some small pickers, plinkers, and nuggets on occasions.

side note.. keep in mind it is a hobby not a get rich into early retirement process here in ohio ..

Good luck and and if you need any help shoot me off a message.

Axgar

Attachments

• 05 06 gold.JPG
    05 06 gold.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 1,646
O

Ohio Jim

Cleveland here, and I've heard about gold in ohio and been reading up on it... seems in Richland county in the streams there Clear creek was mentioned, check out this link and there,s remarks made about the area and also some pics of the gold he found there..http://www.city-data.com/forum/ohio/36800-pssst-theres-gold-ohio.html
I definately will be checking it out this spring and give panning a try.
Good luck and hey maybe see you out there.

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
When I lived in Cleveland 40 years ago, the Cuyagoa river had gold in it. And just about every other metal and toxic substance known to man. You could almost walk across it. I have heard they cleaned it up some.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread