Colorado/Wyoming "Sure thing" gold locations

dpdkld

Jun 28, 2009
Missouri
Probably gonna hit one or the other for some ATVing and am hoping to put a quick sneak attack on some gold to add to my "States of Gold" collection...so to speak. Anyway if anyone has some super secret hints on some favorable locations I would be much abliged. If its real good PM me rather than posting and I'll share some of my spots here in the good old glacial grounds of Missouri...You can see some of my post pics on the goodies Ive found under Missouri gold or One more pan in Missouri. Thanks all, Pat

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stonecutter1

Apr 25, 2011
Shawnee, KS
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites MXT,Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
dpdkld, I don't know how super this area would be anymore. I did some panning on the Blue river 10 miles north of Silverthorn, CO. Got some OK color from this river. I can't remember the hwy, it was the main hwy running straight north from Dillon/Silverthorn,CO. The spot I was at was almost exactly 10 miles north of I-70 Hwy. This was back in the 1990's. Vince

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
Well Pat. I just spent three years prospecting in Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico. If you're thinking about a Colorado trip i can recommend several places where i know you'll find gold. Cache Creek near Leadville is a great place for beginners who are looking to try out some equipment and make local contacts. This BLM (set aside specifically for recreational prospecting) rents sluices, highbankers, hoses and pumps for 25% of your daily take. The gold is fine, although i did see a young lady who found a $900 dollar nugget while i was there. The greeter at the gate has a picture on his phone, just ask to see the "Christmas Tree" nugget. His daughter found it. I know a couple of other good spots. Just PM me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread