New to prospecting! looking for place to find gold around Dayton NV??

GOLD_RUSH

Jun 26, 2012
Dayton NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a look around the Pine Nuts and Smith Valley. You could also head east to the Fairview areas.
Stay off patented property and active claims.

HH
Steve

OP
OP
G

GOLD_RUSH

Jun 26, 2012
Dayton NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HH
Steve

Hey thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it! Any specific places in the pine nuts and smith valley I should check out for some good color? I'm some what familiar with the area due to hunting that range now and then.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately you are in a predominately hard rock area and decent placers few and far between/ Black Rock desert,Pyramid placers out by Wadsworth,Brunswick canyon acess of 50, south to the CC river,and go east a couple a miles till the railroad bridge,truckee has dust,out past Fallon are some placers too. Stay away from carson canyon as some of CC water comes from there and they REALLY get po'd bigtime at incursions. The white mountains waaay south. To get some semi close righteous gold simply go north and hang a left to the feather river and you'll find more in a day than a year in nevada...Comstock Prospectors are (were) some really great local yokel type folks with 100's a years of experience,claims,many retired folks just a waitn' to go play,outings,swaps and NOT many $10000000 to utilize your own public lands like some scum suckn' sobs-John

OP
OP
G

GOLD_RUSH

Jun 26, 2012
Dayton NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John

Thanks John I really appreciate it for the reply! Do you know of any good nugget hunting spots around ? I'm not afraid to travel of there's good gold!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feather river outta Home Garden and I believe the Comstock folks still have some nice claims there also. I left nevada in 83 to open a factory and store in OC and a lot of my favorites under claim or built over now-especially across the river in Dayton as them monster factories sure covered over the best placers around--born tooo late. Lived in Reno/CC from 77-83 and was really great then as a lot less developement then-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread