I am new to panning

StevenHavillJr

Jul 15, 2012
Canyon Lake, Texas
Detector(s) used
MPX Digital and Garret Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello everyone I am Steven and I have been researching how to pan for gold, I am looking for any advice as a beginner. I have invested in a few items to start practicing panning namely a Garrett 15" Super Sluice Gold Pan and a Garrett 14" Sifter/Classifier Gold Pan. I had found these from Kellyco's website.

I am getting into this hobby with my father whom has intrigued me about finding gold, so here I am looking for some tips, I have seen some instructional videos using BB's as if it were the gold but then I find paydirt on ebay and wonder if that would be better practice? Just curious about this stuff.

Any information you give me will be greatly appreciated and thank you for reading my post.

Upvote 0

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't spend alot of money on classifiers either, until after you've had a look at the kitchen-ware section at a GoodWill Store. I've got some advice on where to start looking as well.
Actually Utopia Tools is having a killer sale on classifiers right now. 5 set for $50, I think they have the cheap pans too. The dollar store has plastic colanders which usually beats the thrift store's price, but a sample of what you can get at a thrift store,...

php03wAQMPM.jpg

OP
OP
S

StevenHavillJr

Jul 15, 2012
Canyon Lake, Texas
Detector(s) used
MPX Digital and Garret Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ohh I don't see me plunking down anywhere near 500-3k worth of equipment. I just see doing it slowly as a hobby then if I find more and more of it.. well that is when to take into consideration different equipment. Thanks for sharing this information I will be sure to look into it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread