Trinity River panning

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning all.

Does anyone know of any open areas along the Trinity river here in northern California to do a little panning. I'm taking a trip to see my older son this week and thought I'd stop for a day and collect a little Trinity River gold. I have not prospected this river before.

As an aside note: I'm going to watch my son compete in what's called the "Tough Mudder" contest at Lake Tahoe next weekend. It's a 12 mile obstacle course designed by British Special Forces to test the skill, endurance and mentality of the participants. Proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project.

Check it out: NorCal (Tahoe) 2012: Sat Sept 22 & Sun Sept 23 | Tough Mudder

Thanks guys,
Mike

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heya;

Give BLM and Forestry a call in the morning to see if they know any open area's. :)
They were able to tell me about the open area's in Shasta County.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skunk Pointe near Helena is a decent spot. I take it your coming into town from the coast?? Be extremely careful as the insipid trinity river hyped restoration plan has torn the whole river to LL yet again this year. PM me and I'll hook ya up as will not post on open forum who,what,where as makes it bad for many folks due to enviro harassment bs-For my money I'd hit the Auburn Rec area outta Auburn as gold better,and less bs,than the trinity. I-80 or 1-50 will get ya there and stop in at the NEW Pioneer Mining in Auburn for the latest greatest news and finds. John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread