BERING SEA GOLD CAST MEMBERS LOOKING FOR CAPITAL TO BUILD OWN DREDGE

audiver2001

Oct 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bering Sea Gold cast members looking for capital to build their own dredge for upcoming 2013 season...we already have the vessel necessary for the dredge but are looking for the capital to complete it for the upcoming season...we need 50K-85K to complete this...the base vessel for this is a 1999 seaark transporter series 36 foot aluminum pontoon boat, with shaft propulsion...we spent the 2012 season operating the "Wild Ranger" for Vernon Adkison giving him his first successful season with a modest take of 92 ounces, that was quite good considering the short season of only 25 dredging days and having Steve Riedel as 2nd diver for much of the season( no offense Steve)...I have over 30 years gold dredging experience and have been coming to Nome since 2000, and the captain has a diverse background also. Please contact us with any questions or additional information necessary. Thank you.
Just wanted to add that I have 35 inland claims here at Nome and will be giving access to these claims to person able to help with this matter...the river in the area where the claims are produced a 7, a 1, and a half ounce nugget this summer for a couple of older guys working there, with a total take of around 50 ounces for season( the weather killed their season also with river raising 12 feet during one rainy stretch)...note dredging in the area of these claims is not for the faint of heart as they are some 100 miles inland with the last 12 miles being atv access at best.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

audiver2001

Oct 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm interested in being a investor and a team member. Looking for some one who has the leases, knows the bussiness, just needs someone to help out with some cash. If intertested hit me up.

sorry I have not been staying up on this site as I am on the road..Grand Junct to Phoenix, then to San Antonio, and from there onto Tampa Fl...I am still looking for an investor, but still moving ahead with my own resources at this point.. will answer in more detail soon when I get more time..thanks

Garebear

Dec 29, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am interested in mining at the bering sea w/gold dredge. How deep are you diving? I have a 10in gold dredge, with an second sluice box design, the lower box is a screen, set up with a hopper, the material is then repumped to the upper box, it works well, very good recovery. I have built many dredges, this is my personal dredge, it is 27ftx8ft, it can be modified for any water condition, it is powered by a suburu with a gold divers pump, designed by Burl. I have been mining here in california, we are currently not mining due to the regulations. I may be interested in selling the dredge, but would prefer to be active in mining. The dredge has hotwater and can support 4 divers via hooka. I am a professional miner with many years of experience, I am a strong man, I understand the conditions in Alaska. I would love to get hooked up with some other pro's mining at the bering sea around Nome. I took flying lessons out of Wasilla back in 1989. I worked at the Red Dog mine for Foss. I have my own money. I am a good nozzle man. Gary.

OP
OP
A

audiver2001

Oct 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some inland ground u might be interested in dredge mining on...has been doing less than .25 hour with a 7" for an old dredger and friend of mine...there r large nuggets on this river with a 7 and 1 taken last season...would b a good way to feel out the Nome dredging without taking the risk of trying to ocean dredge...very few r sucessful in their first season, myself included in that statement, as I came back with 16 ounces my 1st year...the thing about ocean dredging is most of the successful rigs are not river dredges, they r boats with dredge equipment on board

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Audiver

What do you think about. 25' cabin cruiser with a old tripple keene to startling with
My idea is to make to polls off the bAck od the boat to lock the dredge to the boat while allowing it to float on its own
My reason for this route is I already own this equipment boat and all
I figured there would be some advantages to haveing a boat seperateable from the dredge
Allowing sleeping eating ect while not diving plus supply storage
The tripple is a 6" keene with a 25hp Honda
While I'm not familiar with nome I spend most of my winters dredging in the south with few problems with cold water but I'm dealing with 40 deg temps
I know it's nowhere near what I'd see in nome
I'm still in the dreaming stages of this but I figured I would ask someone with knowledge about nome
Thanks gary

510egodotcom

Feb 9, 2013
calaveras county, california
Detector(s) used
pioneer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
small diver-less rig..investors wanted

not looking for fame, or to be on any "show". Bering sea gold recovery rig.

small diver-less rig, self-contained, 1 man operation, 10 to 20 oz. per day...everyday...summer, winter, waves..down to 80 feet...all "stupidness" and "sniveling" overcome.

discussed with miners and engineers...all think it's great.

need investors...."THE NOME DOME"

jlc1065

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Nome Dome

small diver-less rig, self-contained, 1 man operation, 10 to 20 oz. per day...everyday...summer, winter, waves..down to 80 feet...all "stupidness" and "sniveling" overcome.

We are interested in your small diver-less rig. Can you tell us more about it. Is it robotic? Thanks You can contact me directly at [email protected]

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sounds like the idea I had, hook up a modified pool cleaner to boat with a sluice box and let it go baby! It could run 24/7 with no drama.

jlc1065

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same idea here Mr. Lee. I wonder if Irobot is going to get in the gold mining business now?

Karevolla

Greenie
Jul 4, 2012
United States
Detector(s) used
KarevollaAY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post

In it something is. Now all became clear, many thanks for the help in this question.

Garebear

Dec 29, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The inland claims, I doubt I would be interested. I am not really looking to work that hard, although I am quite capable. I certainly would be interested in building something like the christine rose. I would like to put a working team together, say 3 others and myself, splitting the cost/profits 4 ways. I worked in Alaska for several maritime companies, I am a union crane operator, I would need to check it out but I may be able to get some considerations on transport with prior companies I've worked for, to ship the barge to Nome. I can fabricate and operate equipment. I am not sure what permits would be needed, but would have an attorney handle all legal matters. I would be willing to put up 100k and would expect 3 others to do the same into an escrow account, I doubt we would need that much, but better safe than sorry. The logistics of building, transportation is the easy part, the problem would be securing a proper claim to work. (To any claim owner: If you have a proven claim with reserves, I am willing to pay a higher percentage as long as it's rich. I understand how claim owners think, so you could have someone on board.) ( As far as dredging, I will sell my subaru ea81 engine package w/6x6 golddivers pump, w/2-263 gast compressors, hotwater set-up, custom radiator heat exchange fresh water cooled, this package is the ticket, it runs my 10in dredge at 16psi, I ran it up to 25psi and it is to much to handle, it burns about a gallon and hour of gas, oil changed at 100hrs and uses no oil in the interim, engine runs consistant at 165degrees. I have about 300hrs plus the approx 30k that was on the jap engine, when I put it together, I put new oil pump, head gaskets, thermostats and have had no problems, If interested let me know.) Back to topic: If interested in building a barge wash plant let me know. Thank You.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread