Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: black hills gold claim

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Nov 2012
    7 times
    Thank you very much BH..very helpful...I will look into it. I kinda thought more would open up by spring so will do some winter research and bulk up some of my equipment. Just cant wait to get out there next year. Not looking forward to this winter tho

Thank you so much for the info..will definitely keep in touch.

Edge

Nov 2012
    Rapid City, SD
    1 times
    Prospecting
    Nothing but good people and useful information here in this thread/the hills.

us
    Mar 2012
    5 times
    Prospecting
    I've gotten hooked on the Black Hills as well, went out there a few times last summer to a few of the GPAA claims. I can relate to what Edge is saying, it'd be nice to have a claim of my own that I can go to, even if it's only a handful of times per year. I went to the Husker early in the summer, found a spot that produced decent gold, went back a few months later and it was all dug up and everything was changed. Don't get me wrong, the GPAA claims are a great place to get a start and we met some really nice people there, but I'd like to have a place that I have a little more control over.
    It's like comparing going to the community swimming pool and having your own private pool. The community pool is cheap and easy to get to, but who knows how many people have peed in it!
    Fullpan and BrianMaruska like this.

us
    Feb 2010
    Black Hills, South Dakota
    640 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Always willing to help fellas.

B H Prospector

Nov 2012
    Rapid City, SD
    1 times
    Prospecting
    I think I am going to just have to start with a GPAA claim because I clearly do not know what I am doing.
    Last edited by BrianMaruska; Nov 29, 2012 at 02:45 AM.

Nov 2012
    Rapid City, SD
    1 times
    Prospecting
    BH - Did you say you were going to shoot me an email? Or am I just dreaming..? I don't remember.

us
    Bazooka Goldtrap enthusiast

Jan 2012
    Centennial, Colorado
    Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices (retired!). Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump, occasional gold cube & dredge
    2290 times
    Prospecting
    Brian, good idea or a local club or...both!
    ...it is too about havin' the gold!

Nov 2012
    Rapid City, SD
    1 times
    Prospecting
    The only "qualm" I have about GPAA is maybe going to a claim and finding out that all the rocks have been turned over already. Have to see.

I am interested in see if once the weather gets better around here, with exception to this weekend being 65 degrees in December, if someone around here would let me go out with them for a day. Not necessarily to do my own prospecting but just to get a feel for what is even going on.

us
    Bazooka Goldtrap enthusiast

Jan 2012
    Centennial, Colorado
    Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices (retired!). Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump, occasional gold cube & dredge
    2290 times
    Prospecting
    The GPAA (and most other clubs) will let you go on a club outing to one of their claims as a guest once to see what you think.
    ...it is too about havin' the gold!

us
    Feb 2010
    640 times
    Brian,
    Send me your email address via private message and I will return you one with more detailed info on Black Hills mining and GPAA claims. Sorry I have been on here only briefly as of late to answer you.

B H Prospector

Dec 2012
    1 times
    Hi, just joined this site and found your discussion. I belong to the GPAA and spent some time in the Hills on their claims. Nice claims and we had fun, found one nice flake and some fine powder gold. This was our first year out and loved it. I am a disabled Vet. and retired after 19 years in the MN National Guard. I am glad I came across you guys because I was thinking about a claim for sale online but I think I will look into other options. I plan on making several trips to the Black Hills this summer and would love to have my own claim, is there any place in the Hills that sell claims? I will remain a member of the GPAA but it would be nice to have a place of my own. I've been to the MaryAnn and plan on going back, maybe I will run into some of you. Thanks and I will check in frequently.

us
    Dec 2012
    Saint Paul, MN
    minelab explorer whites dfx garrett ace 250
    50 times
    I hope to get to one of the south dakota gpaa claims sometime in the near future too, it seems to be the place to go if your a minnesota prospector.

us
    Feb 2010
    640 times
    Hello Heavydelta and mattfink,
    I live in Rapid City and am willing to help you with any questions you may have. There are a lot of Minnesota folks coming here to prospect, Heavy you said you were at the Maryann. I own the claim to the north of the Maryann. That GPAA claim is a pretty good one. As far as buying a claim, be very careful. There is an outfit out of Minnesota called Sunset Vally Mining selling bogus claims. They are selling claims that are cross filed on existing claims along Rapid Creek near Rochford and Mystic. They are also selling claims on land that has been closed to mineral extraction along Castle Creek and on private land. Look at their web site map for Rapid Creek where Rochford rd and Mystic rd meet. Those claims they are selling are already claimed and have been for over 30 years. So be very careful. Best to buy a claim from a miner who actually worked the claim for sale and not a real estate company who has never turned a shovel of dirt and only knows how to file paperwork. Any way welcome to the forum and Tnet and hope to see ya in the field this summer.

B H Prospector
    Lanny in AB likes this.

Dec 2012
    1 times
    Thanks for the info, I had looked at their site a few times but for now I think the GPAA claims will work. I plan on working the MaryAnn claim as much as I can this summer. Maybe run into you out there. Thanks again.

Nov 2012
    Rapid City, SD
    1 times
    Prospecting
    Shall we set up a date for the upcoming future once this lovely weathers warms up a bit?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links