:Who,What,Why, Where and How of - Them gating us out out our own Public Lands.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More happening every day as more idjet judges and fools sue. Forest plan in El Dorado most recent-folks sued and LOST so precedent set and NOW NEVER no yaa. When ya sue you absolutely MUST win now. Is it legal---nope,is it right? nope--Our rights of egress and regress were codified under the 1872 mining laws and MUCH further codified under the Nixon administration BUT the problem is uneducated folks have taken on the FS/BLM/BrU REC and LOST our rights by losing them cases. Now it's just a lawyers game and over and over to higher courts,then appeals,them more courts and so on. If folks just did what I do--CARRY A BIG LOCKOPENER so you go where ya darn well please and devil take the hindmost hahaha-John

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problem we've got in this area is forestry roads closed for erosion control in the wet season... Rained all day yesterday, wasn't sure if I'd be able to get in, but we did. :-)

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our fore fathers became traitors to win the very freedoms that are being usurped by those who disrespect anyone's freedom but there own.
We shame our fallen who died for our freedom if we don't stand up to the tyranny of those among us who would deny us the same freedoms they enjoy.
We need to remind the whole country that the Bill of Rights isn't only for the rich and powerful.
To make it Public Land and then stop the public use, ask a 5 year old if it is right or wrong.
Stand up to the challenge.
I'm joining PLP

MISSION STATEMENT

"TO REPRESENT AND ASSIST OUTDOOR USER GROUPS AND INDIVIDUALS INTERESTED IN KEEPING PUBLIC AND PRIVATE LANDS OPEN TO PROSPECTING, MINING,AND OUTDOOR RECREATION THROUGH PUBLIC EDUCATION, SCIENTIFIC DATA, AND LEGAL MEANS."

They need all our support.
God Bless-um.
381_PLP_revised_2012.jpg

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF THAT-THOSE THAT HAVE CAUSED THE LARGEST AMOUNT OF PROBLEMS AND KILLED DREDGING THROUGH OBSTRUCTIONISM HAVE DELIBERATELY CREATED THESE SITUATIONS TO SUCKLE OFF THE MINERS POCKETBOOKS THROUGH PERPRTUATION OF INSANITY-JUST LIKE POLITICIANS WHO SUCKLE ALL-----NOT ONLY NO BUT LL NO-NOT-NEVER-NO WAY JOSE--MINERS HELPING MINERS IS/WAS/HAS/AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE ANSWER AND NOT CARPETBAGGERS..YA'LL HAVE YOUR OPINION AND I HAVE FACTS WITH SUCH---I RESPECT YOUR OPINION AND YOUR RIGHT TO POST BUT I (AND MANY 1,000S A OTHERS ) ALSO GOT MINE-here comes the blazers hahahaha---JOHN

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Our fore fathers became traitors to win the very freedoms that are being usurped by those who disrespect anyone's freedom but there own.
We shame our fallen who died for our freedom if we don't stand up to the tyranny of those among us who would deny us the same freedoms they enjoy.
We need to remind the whole country that the Bill of Rights isn't only for the rich and powerful.
To make it Public Land and then stop the public use, ask a 5 year old if it is right or wrong.
Stand up to the challenge.
I'm joining PLP

MISSION STATEMENT

"TO REPRESENT AND ASSIST OUTDOOR USER GROUPS AND INDIVIDUALS INTERESTED IN KEEPING PUBLIC AND PRIVATE LANDS OPEN TO PROSPECTING, MINING,AND OUTDOOR RECREATION THROUGH PUBLIC EDUCATION, SCIENTIFIC DATA, AND LEGAL MEANS."

They need all our support.
God Bless-um.
View attachment 707723

Sorry, but PLP is a sham - pure and simple. Just another group mining miners for their hard earned money. That is MY opinion. I gave them $500.00 several years ago. My bad. Nobody but Jerry and his lawyer friends benefit from this "organization."

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
the lawyers get our money anyway anyone goes!!! but PLP people dont get 1 dime of it for their own personnal enjoyment! all of us do it and dont get any $$ for it! anyone who says/claims different dont know what they are talking about! i know this for a fact! and if it isnt PLP doing our fighting for our rights, then who is going to?? one person usually cant afford to do this! it takes a group of people and unfortunatly lawyers/courts.if the west coast courts/judges werent so biased towards these wacoenviromentalists, we wouldnt be haveing this discussion!

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad to say it has been going on for years in other States like Montana....another battle I fought for years,on behalf of the Outfitters Board......lost many battles but the war goes on.Forest Service,and rich landowners with back room closed door sales are rampant,nobody listening...bought off judges...the whole works.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange Bedfellows- It seems to me the off road crowd shares a large portion of the blame for this. Of course there are always a few in a crowd who do more damage than most and it's with no exception here. Fortunately they are many and some are actively seeking reinstatement of closed lands. One of these groups is the Blue Ribbon Coalition (www.sharetrails.org). Like them or not they are making headway. Personally I don't agree with the closures as they are again using junk science to achieve their cause. It's called defacto wilderness. Wilderness can only legally be declared by Congress so fight it where you can.

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gated Out

Deer season last year El Dorado National forest area my family has hunted for 4 generations my brother went to hunt all gates locked for erosion control by Forest service and Fish and Game. He comes around corner on only open road man steps out of trees walks up to truck its Fish and Game lets see your guns and you cant park off the road or block the road just herding hunters to check them all and write tickets. My brother drives the road again same **** happens same warden didnt even notice my brother had been through 30 minutes previous Warden was pissed when my brother said no you cant see my guns the second time. I wonder were the Game Wardens parked? What a waste of our resources. If you want to see another total power play by our goverment check out Drakes Bay Oyster company and see how the National Parks Service drove this company out of business with fake reports and lies and ignoring current scientific reports. I fear more abuse is coming for all of us. Anyone else hear that EPA plans to charge a $5 clean up tax on all lead bullets per bullet nice way to have gun controll withoiut gun control.

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost forgot heard of man who 5 years ago parks on side of forest service road is fishing has a 357 magnum with him becouse he wanted to shoot it in forest. Didnt want to carry it fishing so hid it under seat so it would not be visible to a thief. When he gets back to car Ranger is there and ask do you have any guns? He says yes under my seat even before he gets in car he got cited for concealed weapon. From now on any one ask me if I have a weapon I am saying no.

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ive spent a good deal of my life camping and enjoying mother nature and it is all to common for gates to be closed and ascess denied. Personally I hold no regard to park rangers, whether they be blm, forest service, or the hella ******ed auburn state parks assocition. Ive had a few dealing with these orginazitions and learned early on that they do not have any public interests at heart.I personally ignore any rd closures and pretty much up them alltogether.. I never pay to see state parks or camping.. I go to lengths to keep my confrontations with these people to none by picking remote hard to ascess areas to engage in my planned activities. On the few time ive been confroted for traviling or camping in areas that are close to use I tend to be very verbal in my beliefs that I do not reconinize them as any kind of official Authority. The only power these individuals have is the power we allow them. And in gods country he better be willing to take my life to prevent me from enjoying my GOD GIVEN RIGHTs.. The way I see it I rather die under the stars then under some city lights anyway..

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here in the South they have been closing gates for years, but now ALL roads are closed...yeah erosion control, but every year they have a private contractor plow the roads up and plant food plots, Now I just don't think my truck or 4 wheeler will mush a cute little flower any more more than a huge tractor pulling a 10 foot plow, what do you think??? THIS IS NO LONGER THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, BUT THE "CONTROLED STATES OF AMERICA" If your state don't agree with the Fed's so what they just ride over you........This Country is turning into a pansy watse, punk run, communist country,,,,tree huggers and bleeding heart liberals be damned!!!! Lord forgive me as the human side gets to me, BUT I will pray for these Satan influenced nuts that are ruining our Country, but yes like it all started as; is WE MUST STAND UP TO THEM, WOULD YOU SIGN YOUR NAME TO A NEW DECLARATION OF INDEPENENCE AS JOHN HANCOCK DID??? IF NOT RE-EVALUATE WHAT YOU WROTE HERE!!!!!! let's stand up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go WP

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Who,What,Why, Where and How of - Them gating us out out our own Public Lands.

I'm surprised no one has put epoxy in the keyholes of all these gated areas. They want to gate the public from their lands and the tables get turned and now you too are locked out,how doe it feel?

Maybe that's the :key: to this situation.

Golergulch

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Freedom=the right to choose. When the right to choose (public land use) is legislated away, freedom ends. As was stated earlier, the price of freedom has never been free--it came at a great cost. Despite that great cost, ironically, what often kills freedom is not confrontation or conflict, but it is instead apathy by the majority when a motivated minority has an agenda to restrict or destroy freedoms. If the minority it well-funded and highly verbal, and the majority is apathetic and silent, the minority through the courts, legislates away freedom. The cost of not waking up from apathy=the loss of freedom.

All the best in your efforts to find a genuine and effective (not a money-sucking scam) way to organize yourselves so that you become the dominant and united, loud voice of reason--the voice of the majority that can no longer be ignored, even at the highest levels. That is the only way to silence a verbal minority with a private agenda to destroy public freedoms.

Lanny

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lanny in AB said:
Freedom=the right to choose. When the right to choose (public land use) is legislated away, freedom ends. As was stated earlier, the price of freedom has never been free--it came at a great cost. Despite that great cost, ironically, what often kills freedom is not confrontation or conflict, but it is instead apathy by the majority when a motivated minority has an agenda to restrict or destroy freedoms. If the minority it well-funded and highly verbal, and the majority is apathetic and silent, the minority through the courts, legislates away freedom. The cost of not waking up from apathy=the loss of freedom.

All the best in your efforts to find a genuine and effective (not a money-sucking scam) way to organize yourselves so that you become the dominant and united, loud voice of reason--the voice of the majority that can no longer be ignored, even at the highest levels. That is the only way to silence a verbal minority with a private agenda to destroy public freedoms.

Lanny

Well said Lanny. I think we all in unison need to start at local levels with our congressmen and woman. Start petitions to leave these gates open, get rid o stupid laws like "pan and hand" prospecting. If enough of us start shaking things up a bit, all across this country at the same time, we might just be heard.

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Drywallman, that is the best practical advice I have heard to date. Very do-able. Yeah buddy regarding the petitions,now you're talking.

Randy

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Seden,

So how do we get this "Grass Root" effort started? There's some big swingers on this forum, whom I know have read this thread. Can we put together an agreement and follow thru? For the sake of ourselves and our fellow prospectors? Should we pick a date... A couple months out.. To get the ball rolling? Maybe set a date to have petitions signed an all start "cornering" our local reps on the same date?
Come on guys, I know your out there. I'm a newbie, on this Forman, and just a greenhorn as far as prospecting goes. But I am a blue colored, red blooded American, who is tired of losing more rights every year. Lets band together and let them know we won't take no for an answer. We owe it to those that have come before us, who stood up for our rights. If it wasn't for the "old timers" we wouldn't be able to stake claims today.
Think about it guys. If we do it right, out voices just might get heard. Just saying.

Drywallman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread