FILLING OUT PAPERWORK FOR MINiNG CLAIM?

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Alright a year in the making!! Ive spent alot of time making trips to my location to prospect and become familuar with the claim and the surrounding area.. Also researching the area history goin back as far 1856 mining journals to find reference to my section in that township and also surrounding sections..Also recently just put up my Monument of discovery in the form of a 5 foot high pillar made of river rock with the apropriate info in the contaner secured to the pllar. Anyway I own the book location and validity of mining claims in california 2006 and have read it more times then I care to admitt.. The way it was written in my opinoin was done very poorly and hard to understand. So now that I feel I have an understanding of mining claims and the responsibilities of claim owners Im ready to file.. Im looking for examples on how to prepare all forms. A general example on how these forms should be presented..Also should these be noterized? Thanks you all for your time

Upvote 0

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The next step I would take is to introduce myself to "Irene" at the county recorder's office in Placerville. "Irene" has worked there for 23 years and has
helped hundreds of new claim locators. If she takes a shine to you, she'll guide you through the county forms.:icon_thumright:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also check with TimC. He has filed a few claims and helped others file claims. When you go see Irene, take notes. I'm sure she will show you how to go through the steps from your home computer. TTC

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Yes terry, timC has offered to help me when the time is right to locate a claim. He seems like a really nice and genuine person. The prob is i live in LA and I want a claim up north, which means alot of trips back and forth. Just don't have the time right now. Ugh. Soon enough..

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes terry, timC has offered to help me when the time is right to locate a claim. He seems like a really nice and genuine person. The prob is i live in LA and I want a claim up north, which means alot of trips back and forth. Just don't have the time right now. Ugh. Soon enough..
Mellow, TimC is the best person I know to help with the LR2000 page. He is down to earth and his ONLY mindset right now is mining and mining claims. Once you know how to do all the research, the actual filing is anti-climatic. The hard part is finding and researching the possible claim. Check out some of the areas around Mohave and Randsburg. You may not have to go far for a decent claim. Good luck. TTC

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Interesting Terry. All the times I have gone to Mojave/el paso mountains/ randsburg, I have never thought about looking for a claim there. Not sure why?

I actually like running my dry washer than any other type of prospecting. I loooove desert gold and you have given me a very good idea. Thank you sir. And you look great in your dress uniform. I never looked that good in my class A dress uniform. Lol. Thank you for your service.

Guess I might be contacting TimC sooner than later. Keep u updated. Thanks again brother!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting Terry. All the times I have gone to Mojave/el paso mountains/ randsburg, I have never thought about looking for a claim there. Not sure why?

I actually like running my dry washer than any other type of prospecting. I loooove desert gold and you have given me a very good idea. Thank you sir. And you look great in your dress uniform. I never looked that good in my class A dress uniform. Lol. Thank you for your service.

Guess I might be contacting TimC sooner than later. Keep u updated. Thanks again brother!
Ha ha! That pic is 45 years old! I am just a shell of my former self. I still get a few double-takes from the ladys..... but I don't tell the girlfriend! Take care. TTC

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a good tutorial for writing up a claim, getting coordinates, where to sign all that stuff needs to be done, when i have some spare time i'll give it a shot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions