The attack to shut down Oregon suction dredging has begun

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeffro, if you'd been watching what happened years ago on the klamath and now has moved to Oregon you'd understand where John is comming from. I'm just wondering what state is next after Oregon.
Jeffro is fully aware of what went on years ago,and its still no reason for John to constantly bash people...miners,he has no clue about...he makes a habit of though,regardless what he Has done

3029heavy

Dec 19, 2012
Personally, I would love to see residents of southern Oregon and northern California ressurect the idea of "The state of Jefferson"

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Topic: To help respond to the anti-mining legislation threat.
To help respond to the anti-mining legislation threat in Oregon to all mining law beneficiaries:
Thanks to Tom Quintal, government liaison of Willamette Valley Mining Association, for putting this together for any one wanting to respond. Below are some bullet points to write letters, phone, email or fax the Oregon legislators regarding the new anti-mining bills. The Senate Environment & Resources committee will be hearing SB115, SB401 and SB370 in this committee.

Here's the framework of a letter or email. Make sure to put in the required info and use the bullet points as a guide but come up with your own if you can as well. Make the communication your statement, not a form response.

Communications should begin to be accepted on these bills beginning next week starting around the February 5th after the Legislative Session starts.
Red below is for instruction.

Attention Senate Environment and Resources Committee
Attention: To SB115, SB401 and SB370 Please make this letter part of the public record.
If you write a letter state to make the letter part of the public record, as shown above.

Dear Senator Dingfelder, you can send this email/letter, fax or use it to phone to every member on the committee and every legislative member.
I OPPOSE the following bills SB115, SB401 and SB370 and ask this email be made as part of the public record.
Dear Senator Dingfelder:
All of the bills listed will cause financial hardship including mineral trespass for Oregon citizens with respect to our 1872 mining rights and Oregon mining law.
SB401 in particular will cause a "Takings" for some of Oregon's most valuable placer mining streams with active Federal mining claims. SB401 will also eliminate future mining claims with respect to the new proposed Oregon Scenic Waters. Oregon already has 19 Oregon Scenic Waters including Waldo Lake. Please be aware with the proposed Oregon Scenic Waters addition Oregon cannot afford a "Takings" class action lawsuit from hundreds of Oregon Federal claim owners.
If you write a letter or email I would list your name and address.
John Doe
123 Santa Clause St.
Salem, Oregon 97317 phone number could be optional.

cc:
Here are the folks that need immediate letters, emails, faxes and phone calls to their individual offices.
Senator Jackie Dingfelder Party: D District: 23
Capitol Phone: 503-986-1723
District Phone: 503-493-2804
Capitol Address: 900 Court St NE, S-407, Salem, OR, 97301
District Office Address: PO Box 13432, Portland, OR, 97213
Email:
[email protected]
Senator Alan Olsenp
Party: R District: 20
Capitol Phone: 503-986-1720
District Phone: 503-936-8605
Capitol Address: 900 Court St NE, S-425, Salem, OR, 97301
District Office Address: PO Box 820, Canby, OR, 97013
Email:
[email protected]
Senator Alan Bates
Party: D District: 3
Capitol Phone: 503-986-1703
District Phone: 541-282-6502
Capitol Address: 900 Court St NE, S-205, Salem, OR, 97301
District Office Address: 2859 State Street #101, Medford, OR, 97504
Email:
[email protected]
Senator Bill Hansell
Party: R District: 29
Capitol Phone: 503-986-1729
Capitol Address: 900 Court St NE, S-423, Salem, OR, 97301
Email:
[email protected]
Interim Email:[email protected]
Senator Mark Hass
Party: D District: 14
Capitol Phone: 503-986-1714
Capitol Address: 900 Court St NE, S-207, Salem, OR, 97301
District Office Address: PO Box 536, Beaverton, OR, 97075
Email:
[email protected]

Bullitt Points against SB 401

1. The State of Oregon does not have the authority to take private property by establishing a “Scenic easement” one-forth mile from the bank of any river without either the consent of the owner, or without compensation. Establishing a scenic easement is a taking of private property or lands managed by the Federal Government, for public use without first offering compensation under the Oregon Constitution (Article I Section 18).

2. The “right to control the use of related adjacent land” and air space above for future uses that are currently lawful are outside the authority of the State of Oregon, and especially so with no offer of compensation. (Article I Section 18 Oregon Constitution and the Fifth Amendment U.S. Constitution)

3. Mining in all of its forms are the intended use and rights of the citizens; it “shall be free and open” to prospecting, exploring, locating and occupying and purchasing the valuable mineral deposit, which includes the surface in lands open to mineral entry and belonging to the Federal Government. (30 USC 22, 26 & 35)

4. Under the Supremacy Clause, any state law that conflicts with a federal law is preempted. Gibbons v. Ogden, 22 U.S. 1 (1824). Any state legislation which frustrates the full effectiveness of federal law is rendered invalid by the Supremacy Clause, regardless of the underlying purpose of its enactors, Perez v. Campbell, 402 U.S. 637, 651-52, 91 S.Ct. 1704 20 L. Ed.2d 233 (1971). Article VI, Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution provides that the “…Constitution and Laws of the United State…shall be the supreme Law of the Land.”
5. The current scenic waterways statutes conflict with Federal Law governing use of federal lands, specifically prohibiting placer mining. SB 401 not only adds several more waterways to the conflicting law, but also compounds the existing problems by adding an improper savings clause that does not save the future right of use of property by the owner.
6. SB 401 cannot legally apply to “removal or fill activity”, because the gravels in such waterways in the public lands belong to the upland owner, which includes the mining claimant.
7. Certain water rights to use the lakes and running streams were “hereby granted” by the State of Oregon as a “public necessity” and a “beneficial use” for mining purposes (1899 Act) and partly codified in ORS 541.110 and cannot be denied or require permitting to the mining claimant. The State granted that right away.
8. SB 401 or any previous statutes governing the scenic waterway cannot restrict the public use of roads, railroads or utilities constructed within any creeks and rivers or “waterways”, especially RS 2477 right of ways, for maintenance and access to minerals on federal lands also see Oregon Constitution Article I, Section 18, which are “necessary to promote the transportation of raw products of mine or farm or forest or water for beneficial use or drainage is necessary to the development and welfare of the state…”
9. An emergency has not been established.

How To Testify Before a Legislative Committee
I found this link to the document:
[URL]http://www.leg.state.or.us/comm/testify.html[/URL]

And here is the text:

Committees are the heart of Oregon's legislative process. The committee process provides legislators more opportunity to closely study a measure than would be possible in a floor debate. Committees may hear from many people who support or oppose the measure.
Giving public testimony before a legislative committee can be an exciting and fulfilling experience if you are prepared.
Your testimony may influence the committee's action. It also becomes part of the permanent record and may be used in future research.
Listed below are suggestions to help make your presentation successful.

• Know Your Audience
    The members of the committee are "citizen legislators." They care that you have taken time out of your day to come and testify before them.
    • Be respectful.
    • Don't accuse committee members of causing your particular problem.
    • Resist the temptation to scold, put down, or insult the decision makers or other witnesses. This tactic will likely alienate them from your cause.

• Know the Issue
    Support your personal opinions with as many facts as possible. Be knowledgeable of the "other side of the story." You may be asked to discuss the differences. Draw from your own knowledge and experience.

• Be Familiar with the Committee Process
    • Know the location of the building, the meeting room, and the meeting time.
    • Agendas will be posted outside the meeting room. Check to make sure the measure you are interested in has not been removed from the agenda. The measures may not be heard in the printed order.
    • If possible, attend a committee meeting before you testify to become familiar with the process and room layout.
    • When you arrive at the meeting, sign the witness registration sheet. Witnesses are not necessarily called in chronological order.

• Presenting Your Written Testimony

1. When you are called to testify, give copies of your testimony to committee staff before you begin your presentation. The number of copies requested is printed on the bottom of the committee meeting agenda.
  2. Begin your presentation by addressing the chairperson first, then members of the committee. "Chair___, members of the committee . . ."
  3. For the record, state your name, address, and the organization or group you represent.
  4. State whether you support or oppose the legislative measure being heard and briefly explain. Do not read your testimony to the committee word for word. Prepare an outline.
  5. Keep in mind you may have a ten minute version of your testimony--be prepared to summarize it in one minute--that may be all the time you are allowed!
  6. Thank the committee members and offer to answer any questions. "Thank you for the opportunity to testify before you today. I would be happy to answer any questions."
  7. When a member asks you a question respond: "Chair ______ , Senator/Representative (state name), the answer to your question is . . ."
  8. Relax! The members understand that this can be an intimidating experience--they don't expect a perfect presentation.

• Group Testimony
    • Select several people to cover different topics so the testimony is not repetitive.
    • Address the problem, possible solutions, and your group's best solution.
Special Needs
If you require special accommodation in order to testify before a committee, please contact the committee administrator or support staff 24 hours BEFORE the meeting with your request.
Contact Numbers: (503) 986-1813 or (503) 986-1187
TDD (503) 986-1467 (inside Salem)
1-800-332-2313 (outside Salem)

If you need information regarding the legislative process, email the Legislative Liaison, or call 503-986-1000.
If you have technical questions about this site, please email Oregon Legislative Information Systems,mailto:[email protected] or call 503-986-1914. However, the staff of the Oregon Legislature cannot respond to requests for legal advice from anyone except members of the Oregon Legislature. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult your own private lawyer.

bump

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Doug Watson

Jeffro, if you'd been watching what happened years ago on the klamath and now has moved to Oregon you'd understand where John is comming from. I'm just wondering what state is next after Oregon.

Jeffro is fully aware of what went on years ago,and its still no reason for John to constantly bash people...miners,he has no clue about...he makes a habit of though,regardless what he Has done

Yeppers, I've been around the block a time or two as well. ;) I'm well aware of what is happening on the Klamath, what has happened on the Klamath, and what happened to Dave Mack could happen to anybody, anywhere.

It is my point of view that once the mining community split on this issue, the fight was lost. There is strength in unity.

Anyways, before someone else chimes in on what I know and don't know (BTW I'd really like to know how somebody I've never met knows what I don't know on a particular subject......never have figured that one out! ;) ) One thing I DO know for certain is if we don't stand together we don't stand a chance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Topic: To help respond to the anti-mining legislation threat.
To help respond to the anti-mining legislation threat in Oregon to all mining law beneficiaries:
Thanks to Tom Quintal, government liaison of Willamette Valley Mining Association, for putting this together for any one wanting to respond. Below are some bullet points to write letters, phone, email or fax the Oregon legislators regarding the new anti-mining bills. The Senate Environment & Resources committee will be hearing SB115, SB401 and SB370 in this committee.

Here's the framework of a letter or email. Make sure to put in the required info and use the bullet points as a guide but come up with your own if you can as well. Make the communication your statement, not a form response.

Communications should begin to be accepted on these bills beginning next week starting around the February 5th after the Legislative Session starts.
Red below is for instruction.

Attention Senate Environment and Resources Committee
Attention: To SB115, SB401 and SB370 Please make this letter part of the public record.
If you write a letter state to make the letter part of the public record, as shown above.

Dear Senator Dingfelder, you can send this email/letter, fax or use it to phone to every member on the committee and every legislative member.
I OPPOSE the following bills SB115, SB401 and SB370 and ask this email be made as part of the public record.
Dear Senator Dingfelder:
All of the bills listed will cause financial hardship including mineral trespass for Oregon citizens with respect to our 1872 mining rights and Oregon mining law.
SB401 in particular will cause a "Takings" for some of Oregon's most valuable placer mining streams with active Federal mining claims. SB401 will also eliminate future mining claims with respect to the new proposed Oregon Scenic Waters. Oregon already has 19 Oregon Scenic Waters including Waldo Lake. Please be aware with the proposed Oregon Scenic Waters addition Oregon cannot afford a "Takings" class action lawsuit from hundreds of Oregon Federal claim owners.
If you write a letter or email I would list your name and address.
John Doe
123 Santa Clause St.
Salem, Oregon 97317 phone number could be optional.

cc:
Here are the folks that need immediate letters, emails, faxes and phone calls to their individual offices.
Senator Jackie Dingfelder Party: D District: 23
Capitol Phone: 503-986-1723
District Phone: 503-493-2804
Capitol Address: 900 Court St NE, S-407, Salem, OR, 97301
District Office Address: PO Box 13432, Portland, OR, 97213
Email:
[email protected]
Senator Alan Olsenp
Party: R District: 20
Capitol Phone: 503-986-1720
District Phone: 503-936-8605
Capitol Address: 900 Court St NE, S-425, Salem, OR, 97301
District Office Address: PO Box 820, Canby, OR, 97013
Email:
[email protected]
Senator Alan Bates
Party: D District: 3
Capitol Phone: 503-986-1703
District Phone: 541-282-6502
Capitol Address: 900 Court St NE, S-205, Salem, OR, 97301
District Office Address: 2859 State Street #101, Medford, OR, 97504
Email:
[email protected]
Senator Bill Hansell
Party: R District: 29
Capitol Phone: 503-986-1729
Capitol Address: 900 Court St NE, S-423, Salem, OR, 97301
Email:
[email protected]
Interim Email:[email protected]
Senator Mark Hass
Party: D District: 14
Capitol Phone: 503-986-1714
Capitol Address: 900 Court St NE, S-207, Salem, OR, 97301
District Office Address: PO Box 536, Beaverton, OR, 97075
Email:
[email protected]

Bullitt Points against SB 401

1. The State of Oregon does not have the authority to take private property by establishing a “Scenic easement” one-forth mile from the bank of any river without either the consent of the owner, or without compensation. Establishing a scenic easement is a taking of private property or lands managed by the Federal Government, for public use without first offering compensation under the Oregon Constitution (Article I Section 18).

2. The “right to control the use of related adjacent land” and air space above for future uses that are currently lawful are outside the authority of the State of Oregon, and especially so with no offer of compensation. (Article I Section 18 Oregon Constitution and the Fifth Amendment U.S. Constitution)

3. Mining in all of its forms are the intended use and rights of the citizens; it “shall be free and open” to prospecting, exploring, locating and occupying and purchasing the valuable mineral deposit, which includes the surface in lands open to mineral entry and belonging to the Federal Government. (30 USC 22, 26 & 35)

4. Under the Supremacy Clause, any state law that conflicts with a federal law is preempted. Gibbons v. Ogden, 22 U.S. 1 (1824). Any state legislation which frustrates the full effectiveness of federal law is rendered invalid by the Supremacy Clause, regardless of the underlying purpose of its enactors, Perez v. Campbell, 402 U.S. 637, 651-52, 91 S.Ct. 1704 20 L. Ed.2d 233 (1971). Article VI, Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution provides that the “…Constitution and Laws of the United State…shall be the supreme Law of the Land.”
5. The current scenic waterways statutes conflict with Federal Law governing use of federal lands, specifically prohibiting placer mining. SB 401 not only adds several more waterways to the conflicting law, but also compounds the existing problems by adding an improper savings clause that does not save the future right of use of property by the owner.
6. SB 401 cannot legally apply to “removal or fill activity”, because the gravels in such waterways in the public lands belong to the upland owner, which includes the mining claimant.
7. Certain water rights to use the lakes and running streams were “hereby granted” by the State of Oregon as a “public necessity” and a “beneficial use” for mining purposes (1899 Act) and partly codified in ORS 541.110 and cannot be denied or require permitting to the mining claimant. The State granted that right away.
8. SB 401 or any previous statutes governing the scenic waterway cannot restrict the public use of roads, railroads or utilities constructed within any creeks and rivers or “waterways”, especially RS 2477 right of ways, for maintenance and access to minerals on federal lands also see Oregon Constitution Article I, Section 18, which are “necessary to promote the transportation of raw products of mine or farm or forest or water for beneficial use or drainage is necessary to the development and welfare of the state…”
9. An emergency has not been established.

I found this link to the document:
[URL]http://www.leg.state.or.us/comm/testify.html[/URL]

And here is the text:

Committees are the heart of Oregon's legislative process. The committee process provides legislators more opportunity to closely study a measure than would be possible in a floor debate. Committees may hear from many people who support or oppose the measure.
Giving public testimony before a legislative committee can be an exciting and fulfilling experience if you are prepared.
Your testimony may influence the committee's action. It also becomes part of the permanent record and may be used in future research.
Listed below are suggestions to help make your presentation successful.

• Know Your Audience
    The members of the committee are "citizen legislators." They care that you have taken time out of your day to come and testify before them.
    • Be respectful.
    • Don't accuse committee members of causing your particular problem.
    • Resist the temptation to scold, put down, or insult the decision makers or other witnesses. This tactic will likely alienate them from your cause.

• Know the Issue
    Support your personal opinions with as many facts as possible. Be knowledgeable of the "other side of the story." You may be asked to discuss the differences. Draw from your own knowledge and experience.

• Be Familiar with the Committee Process
    • Know the location of the building, the meeting room, and the meeting time.
    • Agendas will be posted outside the meeting room. Check to make sure the measure you are interested in has not been removed from the agenda. The measures may not be heard in the printed order.
    • If possible, attend a committee meeting before you testify to become familiar with the process and room layout.
    • When you arrive at the meeting, sign the witness registration sheet. Witnesses are not necessarily called in chronological order.

• Presenting Your Written Testimony

1. When you are called to testify, give copies of your testimony to committee staff before you begin your presentation. The number of copies requested is printed on the bottom of the committee meeting agenda.
  2. Begin your presentation by addressing the chairperson first, then members of the committee. "Chair___, members of the committee . . ."
  3. For the record, state your name, address, and the organization or group you represent.
  4. State whether you support or oppose the legislative measure being heard and briefly explain. Do not read your testimony to the committee word for word. Prepare an outline.
  5. Keep in mind you may have a ten minute version of your testimony--be prepared to summarize it in one minute--that may be all the time you are allowed!
  6. Thank the committee members and offer to answer any questions. "Thank you for the opportunity to testify before you today. I would be happy to answer any questions."
  7. When a member asks you a question respond: "Chair ______ , Senator/Representative (state name), the answer to your question is . . ."
  8. Relax! The members understand that this can be an intimidating experience--they don't expect a perfect presentation.

• Group Testimony
    • Select several people to cover different topics so the testimony is not repetitive.
    • Address the problem, possible solutions, and your group's best solution.
Special Needs
If you require special accommodation in order to testify before a committee, please contact the committee administrator or support staff 24 hours BEFORE the meeting with your request.
Contact Numbers: (503) 986-1813 or (503) 986-1187
TDD (503) 986-1467 (inside Salem)
1-800-332-2313 (outside Salem)

If you need information regarding the legislative process, email the Legislative Liaison, or call 503-986-1000.
If you have technical questions about this site, please email Oregon Legislative Information Systems,mailto:[email protected] or call 503-986-1914. However, the staff of the Oregon Legislature cannot respond to requests for legal advice from anyone except members of the Oregon Legislature. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult your own private lawyer.

bump

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is coming from radical environmentalists who believe animals have more right to be here than we do, and that earth is struggling at sustaining human life, as well as the United Nations Agenda 21 "Sustainable Development" that seeks to close off lands from human use.

I am closely involved with the citizens' lobby at the capitol in Salem and will keep an eye on this bill. Use this link to keep up on its movement: Oregon Bill Tracker: SB115 "Prohibits placer mining using any form of motorized equipment or motorized dredge." The other bill of great concern that would severely limit our freedom on Oregon's waterways: SB 401 "Designates certain rivers and creeks as scenic waterways."

IF you are willing to show up and/or testify during a public hearing, I will find a place in or near Salem to house you during your stay. Bring all of your like-minded friends and relatives! What ever you need to get here and be a part of the legislative process....

Last edited:

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
From Claudia Wise

Joe and I along with Eben Ray (president of Willamette Valley Miners) and Don Esch (small-scale miner) sat down with Senator Olsen to cover Joe's minority report testimony. I will let Joe tell you about his presentation if he wants to but while we were there I asked Senator Olsen when and if a miners rally would be useful. He said yes and the earlier the better or at least that's how I took it.

So we jumped in and decided if we were to get the chance we better act now ... so Millennium Diggers association and Willamette Valley Miners together will sponsor the event (sorry we didn't ask anyone we had to act then to get a reservation). We reserved the steps of the capital for a educational event " Titled "Small-Scale Gold Suction Dredging" for February 28, 2013 from 1 pm to 4 pm. The title can be changed if we determine a better one. We could just call it "Small-Scale Gold Mining"?

I will try to change the time to go as late as 5pm. We would like to see miners step up to bring a dredge to setup and share a variety of dredge sizes would be great and a high banker (I will talk to Louie Frick about doing this presentation). We can also include other placer mining operations if someone has the knowledge is willing to step up and organize that program. We will invite all the legislators and staff to come down and join us. We already may have three programs depending on the answers I get from those I have invited to present. Time is limited. These presentations all depend on if we can reserve a room.

I will put together a poster presentation on the benefits of gold suction dredging on the environment. That can be outside if the weather permits. This is a work in progress that is coming together fairly well. Still waiting on some additional information regarding studies done on the environmental benefits of placer mining other than suction dredging so I will see how that falls out and try to include what I can. Anyone with pictures to share please get them to me asap.

Along with our educational factor we would like to see large numbers of miners and friends for a good showing of our support. We really need to get as many as possible and set up car pools or if there are funds to cover it filling some charter buses. I don't know about how much that would cost but we need to save this industry. Does anyone know?

Once the event committee gets together (not set up yet) we will put a refined plan together. We need all your help figuring how to get miners and other supporters here. This is the kicker and most important part of the plan.

Joe gave a presentation to the Oregon Citizens Lobby sponsored Thursday by Lane, Marion and Polk counties with lots of folks present. They brought two chartered busses loads in with members from Americans For Prosperity, 912 project and Tea Partiers from Eugene to Cottage Grove. I passed a signup sheet around for those that wanted more information on mining comments sent to them and many signed up. We asked that there organizations come support us at the rally and many were interested. I told them we need to get a large contingent to this event. We need help with this and ask that all of you invite the chapters from your areas.

Joe is going to call and see if Lars Larson will cover it and help get coverage out to other news stations. We will try to get it covered by the newspapers also. I will know in a few days if we have a Pro Videographer to film our event that we can put up on our websites and Utube etc.

Ok I am done for now. All this has to be done ASAP!!!! If anyone has special skills to offer let me know.

Claudia Wise

http://www.millenniumdiggers.com/call.shtml

http://www.wvminers.com/

Last edited:

3029heavy

Dec 19, 2012
I applaud your efforts and support them! We absolutely must save this industry! It's not only our right, but our duty! However, bringing reason and fact to light only infuriates the radical left even more! It really has nothing to do with the environment. It's all about a land grab by those environmental terrorists to accumulate blocks of land that they can then sell off to corporations as "carbon credits"!

3029heavy

Dec 19, 2012
Also, Google "state of cascadia" sometime. That'll pretty well spell out their lunatic agenda!

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
See you at the capitol then on the 28th. Have you ever seen a documentary called "Mine Your Own Business" by Phelim McAleer?

3029heavy

Dec 19, 2012
No, but I will. Unfortunately I can't get there for the event. I deliver new semi trucks across the US and Canada. I'm currently broken down in nebraska enroute to ontario, canada. I'm not even an Oregon resident, but greatly support your cause, cuz I know it'll come to my state soon as well! Maybe a return to the ideals of the "state of Jefferson" is in order? I will watch what happens in Oregon with great interest, and if I can come up with a few extra dollars to support your cause, I will gladly send them your way! Best of luck, and "REFUSE TO LOSE"!!!!!

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for your willingness to donate your treasure. I encourage everyone I know, like-minded that is, to donate $20/mo to groups that work hard to keep us free to work, prosper and live in peace, unshackled. "Pretend that it's union dues", I like to say. I usually suggest they start with their local party.

EuropIan

Tenderfoot
Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My take on this is that it is just another way of stopping the rush of 'poorer' folk getting at gold so easily. When it was $300/oz nobody cared. Don't forget ... it was made illegal even to own it once. Just try doing any prospecting in Europe, it's worse than hopeless unless you're going to open a massive hole & save the economy. What happened in California was devastating for some but there'll be no going back. I'm sorry to be a defeatist but I doubt anyone will manage to muster enough clout to have any effect on this.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KarenD - sent you a PM - ck upper right corner for "notifications". Also, you have a link to "mine your own business?"
Never mind - found it with a lot of other pro-commerce utube vids, thanks.

Last edited:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you are keeping an eye on them in Salem for us Karen. Several friends and myself will be there on the 28th to support the miners in Oregon and everywhere else the Lawmakers are trying to shut down our rights to mine. :hello:

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Excellent, nuggets. Maybe we will meet.
Do you know if any other groups are talking about showing up? My thought is that other outdoor groups would be interested in increasing our numbers at the capitol, anglers/fly fishermen, other rock hounding groups, shooting/hunting, etc; I would want to show up for them.
In fact, I may just try to find a schedule and show up for every land restriction protest. The land is ours and how it is ours I learned from the American Lands Council last year.

See you on the 28th. Bring all the warm bodies you can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions