Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use mine all the time. Make sure you get the handle extention and the case. I got the headphones also, but It's loud enough that I don't really use them. One thing that's really cool about it, it will beep on metal or boing on a mineral like black sand.

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the best gold hounds around Rob Gorham,talked/showed me into buyin one but I never took the time to try it.Rob does wonders with them,and I sold mine to TerryC,he is a heck of field tester so expect to hear his review soon!As well as Nuggetshooters tip!

OP
OP
Sample Pan Dan

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks nuggetshooter, so it really is as impressive as they claim? Thanks Kruger, so TerryC is your field tester? Lol :-)

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
One of the best gold hounds around Rob Gorham,talked/showed me into buyin one but I never took the time to try it.Rob does wonders with them,and I sold mine to TerryC,he is a heck of field tester so expect to hear his review soon!As well as Nuggetshooters tip!

My son and I met Rob at a gold show a couple of years ago. Really nice, guy and gold hound was a very accurate description. He let us hold six pounds of nuggets, a thrill we won't soon forget. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same to you my friend!!!
I am glad its over.....I spent too many years alone,it stress's me out having all these people around!!

Rob is practically my neighbor! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Sample Pan Dan

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol glad its over too.. I love my extended family dearly, but not all at the same time! Stressful, but my wife and I pulled it off again. :-)
Merry Christmas y'all and thanks for the input

hurthawk

Jan 16, 2008
Tuolumne county Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Falcon MD20
Garrett 1500
Fisher F2
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I did a video where I tested my MD20...with surprising results
check it out here...

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didnt know you had one too Rick....I should have known!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Sample Pan Dan

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video hurthawk. And thanks..

As a side question, how do you and Wayne the small drop riffle sluice he's using in the video?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, Kuger. I guess I have to come up with SOMETHING since you gave me that GLOWING review! I'll make it a video. I will say first, the MD20 has a function.... but not as a metal detector replacement. Today is Christmas. I will put together a video before New Years... over by TimC, in AZ... at the RV. The MD20 does some amazing things but depth is not in it's bag of tricks. TTC

OP
OP
Sample Pan Dan

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait to see your video Terry. I plan to use mine, when I get one, to do just that... Checking cracks, and under/ behind rocks, I understand the probe is waterproof? Also checking quarts tailings piles. Thanks again y'all

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bought a Falcon last year--tried it in the goldfields--found nuggets, flakes, and flour gold with it. It is not, as others have stated, a primary gold detector. It is however a great little sniping detector, and a prospecting detector when you want to see if there's even a tiny amount of gold in a small sample.

I had trouble with the first one--the cable was loose in the head--so, I had the head replaced. The people at Falcon are very helpful.

It really sings when it hits gold and makes the funny "boing" sound mentioned earlier when it hits magnetite [aka--black sand] (and some other hot rocks). If you're working a small patch of bedrock that had good gold come from it, you'll have fun. If you try to work a large area with hot rocks--you'll go stark-raving mad.

It's not a refined gold machine--far from it. It's a basic little metal detector with a few improvements. It's a fine little pinpointer that makes finding specks of gold much easier, and finding small nuggets and larger flakes a breeze.

I have the case and the plastic wand, but I'm still disappointed with the chatter from the probe. If I tape the cord off to the side with gorilla tape, it quiets right down, but then I can't use the wand. I'll have to get in touch with Falcon again to see what they have to say. I'm being as honest as I can here, as you wanted some decent feedback.

Would I buy one again? Yes. Would I ever think about using it as a primary gold detector? Never. But, I don't believe for a minute that is its intended purpose.

All the best,

Lanny

P.S. read about the Falcon on my thread (listed below)

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries-60.html

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought mine from my partner who has decided to quit mining. He used it to follow paystreaks and swore by it. I haven't tried it yet but will this next season.

B H Prospector

OP
OP
Sample Pan Dan

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I scored big. Found a gently used one for sale, here locally so I was able to test it before handing over my hard earned money. Everything in great shape and all the original goodies are with it, including the holster and the target card! No extension handle but I've found those cheap enough on eBay. Time to figure this baby out! :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread