Whats better/faster than a blue bowl for fine gold?

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you process a cup at a time? I can process a cup of 50 mesh in about 4 minutes. If you haven't already, watch some utube videos, they'll help you refine your technique.

OP
OP
B

Barry-Goodknight

Sep 4, 2012
Black Hawk
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hm.

Maybe I am being too cautious and not letting enough water flow. I always feel like it's going to leave the bowl if the water is moving too fast.

I'll watch some youtube.

kitt

Sep 1, 2012
Brookings Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can run your conentrate again in a smaller sluice with less water to push out the extra junk.
Blue bowls take a long time so you have to be patient. I made my own, I made several actually.
I kept the 2 best ones, each having a different size funnel drain.
one of them I made the drain to short and almost everything got sucked out and i lost my dust lol. It left a small hand full of pebbles that some how got in there. No clue how the pebbles got in there since i sifted it really fine.

OP
OP
B

Barry-Goodknight

Sep 4, 2012
Black Hawk
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a small gutter sluice, but it too takes forever.

It catches everything, but it takes sooooo long.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Their nice but pricey, with the four stack and the new topper it's up around $470.

OP
OP
B

Barry-Goodknight

Sep 4, 2012
Black Hawk
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their nice but pricey, with the four stack and the new topper it's up around $470.

Yea but these guys in the youtube vids are running like 10 buckets of cons per hour, that's crazy. I could spend all summer collecting cons and spend all winter running them...

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Yeah its much faster then a miller table, I think a miller table can be just as good though when it comes to recovery it just takes longer to feed, but not as long as a blue bowl.

improvmechanic

Jan 5, 2013
Kitt do you have pictures of your blue bowl build? I'm workin on one of my own and I'm hoping to run a few of then at once to speed recovery time.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you classifying your material down to minus 100. If you aren't, perhaps that is what is taking so much time to separate.

I have a blue bowl, but I have too many concentrates for a blue bowl...it takes forever. Literally, takes forever.

Is there something faster?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread